Help get me an invite to the Grassroots motorsports UTCC!

We'd like to know about you! Make your introduction into the SAABRally.com community here.
ms9000

Help get me an invite to the Grassroots motorsports UTCC!

Postby ms9000 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:36 pm

Ultimate Track Car Challenge! The ultimate track car challenge is a event put on by Grassroot Motorsports and you can participate by an "invite only". In the challenge there are only two catagories:

1.) Shop Prepared Track Car

2.) Do-it-yourself-ers

In each catagory there are two classes:

1.) Varsity

2.) Junior

I would be going under the "Do-it-yourself-ers" and would run under "Varsity" as required in the rules since it is a forced induction vehicle.

Description of the event offered by Cardomain:

CARDOMAIN wrote:
On track, lap times are all that really matter.This simple concept forms the basis of the Hankook Ultimate Track Car Challenge Presented by Grassroots Motorsports where a wide variety of track cars square off in a NASA Time Trial format to determine once and for all who’s fastest.

CARDOMAIN wrote: This year, the showdown will go on at Buttonwillow Raceway Park on June 8. The deadline to apply for entry is May 1, 2008.

About my car:

1997 9000 Aero. 476WHP. Two door conversion, GT35R turbo, standalone EMS, and many other supporting modifications. Before this event I will be adding a full roll cage, new harnesses, (i hate my old ones) and my big brake kit from speedparts.

About the driver (for those who dont know me):

I am 20 years old and have been into saabs religously my entire life. Im dedicated to the brand and pushing my car to its limit. Im actively trying to improve my driving skills. I have participated in drag racing, ice racing, and road racing. This coming season I will be adding a road track racing licence, hill climb racing, many auto-x events, and will be driving drag cars for an award winning race team along with many other track events with Bucky Austin Racing. Getting an invite to the GRM UTC challenge would be a great event to participate in with my car and would be the ideal opportunity to show people what we are doing here in the saab community. Yes I am confident in my skills as a driver, and with the added experience I will get before this event happens in June, I am confident my car and I would be a competitive team.

The link directly to my car is:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/814237/1

To vote you simply login to your cardomain account and vote on my normal ratings. The special catagory is called "2008 GRM UTCC" Five stars would be greatly appreciated!!! If you dont already have an account registering is simple and only takes a couple of minutes.

CARDOMAIN wrote:Readers can even vote on their favorite entries on the site to influence the staff’s decisions.

I will bump this thread periodically over the next couple of months. This is an invitation ONLY event, and invitations will be given out sometime around the first week of May. The event itself will be taking place in June.

-Kaylan Marie

FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT:

www.cardomain.com/grm

I have been holding strong as #1 on cardomain in this catagory thanks to the support of fellow saabers. Keep helping me get noticed and hopefully be invited to participate! Thanks!

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:34 am

there are spy's from said publication who frequent this forum :hungry:
I am the 73%

paulh
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby paulh » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:23 am

Crazyswede wrote:there are spy's from said publication who frequent this forum :hungry:

Spies? oh no! :aieee:
Paul

max
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby max » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:32 pm

Who knows, if certain... *ahem* members of this forum see this message, maybe you will get lucky. :wink:
-Max
"My car is neither discreet, nor off-road worthy." :huh:

matt
Turbo Troll Crew Chief

Postby matt » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:18 pm

i voted for you. now post more pics of the car plz.
"we changed a flat in 4 minutes, twice"
1994 9000 Aero (intake, stg 4 ecu, 3" TBE, clutch + broken trans mod) *sold*
2001 Subaru Outback Wagon *sold*
2006 Subaru WRX Wagon I'm back on boost!
ImageImage

ms9000

Postby ms9000 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:27 am

Thanks for the support!

More pics to come when the car is out of the shop again. Its been a slow couple of weeks waiting on some flanges and things. It should be home in a week or two. :wink:

GRMPer

Postby GRMPer » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:59 am

Cool car! I can't vote on cardomain, but I am a part of the final tallying.

Per

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:07 am

Did you shorten the wheel base when you did the 2 door conversion? I didn't read the web page completely if the answer is there.
I am the 73%

max
Site Admin

Postby max » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:36 am

I like to see crazy 9000's. There aren't enough of them around, and when I had a saab, and even drove a 9000, I'm not sure there were enough to count on one hand, stateside.
-Max
"My car is neither discreet, nor off-road worthy." :huh:

ms9000

Postby ms9000 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:48 am

Bump!

No, the wheelbase was not shortened. I wouldnt want to mess with that, it would completely change the handling of the vehicle.

I got booted down to number 3 out of 18 over the last couple of days, votes are appreciated! :D

-K

Rust_Never_Sleeps

Postby Rust_Never_Sleeps » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:10 pm

I voted........ there were many, many stars. :rally:

Return to “Introductions”