Hello from a new user, and long time SAAB driver.

We'd like to know about you! Make your introduction into the SAABRally.com community here.
happyandy
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Hello from a new user, and long time SAAB driver.

Postby happyandy » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:10 am

Hello, my name is Andrew and I am a new user. I first discovered this site about a year ago, but just now registered. I am thirty something, I'm married and have a one year old son. I have owned five Saabs through the years, and four of them have been completely satisfying.
My current Saab is an '88 900 turbo 3dr. I bought this car just to use it for modifying and eventually some form of sanctioned motorsport. I would love to rally, but I will have to settle spectating as far as stage rallying goes.
The only experience that I actually have in 4 wheeled motorsport is a couple of trips to Mazda rev it up events, (unless unsanctioned rallycross in the farm fields of south jersey counts). When I was in my teens and early twenties I did compete in enduro and hair scrambles on dirt bikes, I never won, but I usually finished and always had fun; I want to have fun like that again.
I plan to get my '88 in competitive shape by late summer and take the trip to FLA for grm's $2008 challenge. Between now and then I plan to make it look presentable and take it to the Carlisle imports show, enter at least one auto-x and at least one drag event at atco or maple grove. I also hope to make it to stpr as a spectator this year, and some pa hill climb events.
I am a professional mechanic (industrial vehicles), so I've got tools and I think that I know how to use them, I've repaired, tuned and modded many cars, but I lack hard core Saab tuning knowledge. Will you guys help me? :D

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Re: Hello from a new user, and long time SAAB driver.

Postby Geoff » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:29 am

happyandy wrote: Will you guys help me? :D

YUP!
(welcome!)
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

saab90089
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby saab90089 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:58 pm

Welcome to the site! I see you are in del-co, PA; I live closer to Lancaster, PA but find myself visiting friends in West Chester/King of Prussia area.

I am planning on attending the STPR rally as a spectator again this year also. Last year I was able to participate in the TSD before the rally and if you can do the TSD I would highly recommened it. If I can get a co-driver I am planning on doing it again.

Ian
1-97 Impreza L wagon w/many mods--mine
1-C900 turbo w/290K--mine
4-C900 turbo's in various states--dads
1-Legacy wagon--dads
1-Forester--moms

matt
Turbo Troll Crew Chief
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby matt » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:07 pm

We plan to be at STPR as well, it's a great event and definitely pretty good for spectating (though not always great for 'non-spectator' areas). You should be able to find us, we'll be the guys with the red sprinter van and the bitchin' 99 (it could be black, black with stripes or gray with stripes).
"we changed a flat in 4 minutes, twice"
1994 9000 Aero (intake, stg 4 ecu, 3" TBE, clutch + broken trans mod) *sold*
2001 Subaru Outback Wagon *sold*
2006 Subaru WRX Wagon I'm back on boost!
ImageImage

Return to “Introductions”