'71 Shell Prep updates

A place for long term threads surrounding a specific project or SAAB build for motorsports or restoration
Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Re: '71 Shell Prep updates

Postby Jordan » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:52 am

Not sure how hard they were to get on, the guy didn't complain, but he mounts rally tires, so they can't be worse than those. No damage to the wheel, it just stopped holding air and I pulled off the road pretty quickly. I had the air tank in the back so I managed to fill it up, get off the next exit and pull it into Target parking lot before it went completely flat again.

I'll have to take a picture of the tire off the car... it is totally flat on one side.

Where I ordered the tire from, gave me a "we just sell the tires" spiel... but I'll raise a stink if I don't get a quick replacement.

Next event is 2wks.. May 1st.

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:12 pm

Actually the last rally tires I mounted....the new ones we picked up for black river....were a lot easier to mount than I remembered them being in the past.
I am the 73%

spgeebee88
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby spgeebee88 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:53 am

bummer man

its probable just me but i hate B-stones i wont buy em ive had nothing but shitty luck with them. iam all about the Falken Azenis

where was the event?

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:48 am

The update is that it seems to have been installer error. A small piece of rubber tore off and got stuck in the bead keeping it from fully seating under load. When it was ran out of enough air the sidewall just got chewed up since I was on the highway.

They are replacing the tire for me, but I still don't have it on the car yet. Other than that...I like the tires a lot, but I haven;t really broken them in yet. Next AutoX is this Sunday in Hartford, CT run by the CART group. (cartct.com)

spgeebee88

Postby spgeebee88 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:12 am

aah CART i was looking into do a Limerock track day with them later in the season

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:36 am

spgeebee88 wrote:aah CART i was looking into do a Limerock track day with them later in the season

If the car gets pretty sorted out, I'm in for Limerock too. In fact, if you get 6 people together for a track day you get one free entry (or 50 bucks each entry)

Also, cart is holding their next couple events (starting in June I think?) at the Thompson Speedway which isn't too far from Devens (not sure exactly where in MA you're located). I've heard they are good events as well, but still a little bit of a haul for me. I might get out to one or two though.

spgeebee88

Postby spgeebee88 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:58 am

Thompson is like 2hrs from me (iam in north central MA) like same to limerock it really depends if i get my car trailer going if i can make these events i could drive the car but a 200mile tow possibly scares me haha

Return to “Projects and Build Threads”