87 900 Base-model F/S

A place for long term threads surrounding a specific project or SAAB build for motorsports or restoration
DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

87 900 Base-model F/S

Postby DeLorean » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:56 pm

I know this particular model is probably not most peoples cup of tea, but if anyone knows anyone who might be interested, send em my way. Here she is-

Yeal... really really solid. I likely saved her from the junk-yard. 1 owner car, lived in Harrisburg PA it's whole life, and in a heated garage. All original paint, a very very nice original car. Last state inspection, it failed due to a small amount of the typical control arm rust, mostly near the seem where the steering rack mounts. The 70+ year old lady who owned it could not find a body shop to repair the rust, so she traded it in on a new saab 9-3. Since I was in the know with one of the techs at this saab dealer, he contacted me up and I got it for a great price. I did the control-arm mount fix, tidied up a few other minor issues and she's all ready to roll now.

Driving it is like a drive back in time. It drives, runs and rides like a brand new 900. Granted, it's slower than slow, but the 112 HP 8-V does have some spunk and the trans works flawlessly. I suspect it even still has the original clutch.
Less brake more gas!

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Re: 87 900 Base-model F/S

Postby SwedeSport » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:08 pm

Ill forward the info to someone who may like it.

Sounds rather clean? Any idea what you're looking to get for it?
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Postby DeLorean » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:44 pm

Yeah it's a really clean / solid car. If it had some wax on it and a good inside & out detailing, the darn thing might win a prize at a car show :lol:

I am accepting offers, the current plan is to list it on ebay for start of $2999 BIN, and see if it gets bites. If not, I'll lower it. My basis for that is this car-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Saab-900 ... sQ5fTrucks

that had visible rust holes, in SEVERAL places. This car has to be worth double that, no?

Also, add this, which this car has- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-SAAB ... ccessories

and you have the starting price... granted, I might not get that, & that logic may not follow, but I can give it a shot, yes?
Less brake more gas!

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby SwedeSport » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:03 am

my buddy is kind of a cheap ass, thats probably more than he would pay. But Ill show it to him.

Its hard to say, I have had a few really sweet 900s that I couldnt give away. A bunch of years back I had a red 91 900 base with a 2.1 (the one thats in my tan 86 now). Book value at the time was saying 5500 bucks was retail value. In the end I took 2800. It was the cleanest 900 I ever owned, but I had too many other projects.

Youll know what its worth when you're shaking on the deal.
Attachments
red 900.jpg
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

Return to “Projects and Build Threads”