Turbo exhaust

A place for long term threads surrounding a specific project or SAAB build for motorsports or restoration
Dsp99t
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Turbo exhaust

Postby Dsp99t » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:40 pm

Are there any commercially available exhausts for turbo 99s that aren't bank breaking? Also looking for power improvement over sound. I'd like to do this on my own rather than having to take the car to a muffler shop and watch them use press bends.

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Re: Turbo exhaust

Postby Geoff » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:23 pm

MSS used to have inexpensive exhausts from the cat back for turbos. Crazyswede got a catalog recently so I'll wait for him to check to see if they're still listed.

Other than that, an exhaust from a '79-93 classic 900 is the same, or close enough to fit, so you if there is anything out there you could maybe use one of those. It's been a while since I've needed a performance turbo exhaust so I'm not sure what is still available but you might want to look into the C900 stuff.
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:56 am

Geoff wrote:MSS used to have inexpensive exhausts from the cat back for turbos. Crazyswede got a catalog recently so I'll wait for him to check to see if they're still listed.

Other than that, an exhaust from a '79-93 classic 900 is the same, or close enough to fit, so you if there is anything out there you could maybe use one of those. It's been a while since I've needed a performance turbo exhaust so I'm not sure what is still available but you might want to look into the C900 stuff.

The 79 and 80 900's use the same rear exhaust as the 99 hatches. The difference is the spare tire is vertical and the exhaust requires another bend to clear the hump for the spare.

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Geoff » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:11 am

Ah yeah, I forgot about that.
I almost think that the MSS stuff all has/had that bend so they'd work for all years (?) but I forget.
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby DrewP » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:02 pm

Is that why they all have that funny looking kick at the end of the tailpipe? I did not know that. I thought they just looked funny.

"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

Return to “Projects and Build Threads”