Twin Scroll Turbo

A place for long term threads surrounding a specific project or SAAB build for motorsports or restoration
99Super
Number of Saabs currently owned: 13

Re: Twin Scroll Turbo

Postby 99Super » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:20 am

Amazing as always!
Thanks for the update!

squaab99t
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby squaab99t » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:22 am

99Super wrote:Amazing as always!
Thanks for the update!

Thanks John, a bit of fun with the refinement of the system. I'm okay with the safety wire attachment, but might work on something a bit more sano. Also need to do a leak test by pressurizing the damper submerged in water or soap spray.

squaab99t

Postby squaab99t » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:47 am

A bit more fun in the shop tonight. The safety wire, although very functional, looked "Ag" (as in agricultural), as an acquaintance would tag stuff like that.
Stepped it up and made a simple saddle with floating nut plate and thru bolt. Got to look the part when it up front and center.
IMG_0148.jpg
P1160920.JPG
P1160921.JPG

squaab99t

Postby squaab99t » Sat May 06, 2023 9:52 am

Project update after 2 years since the last post. Not a lot to report, which is good in my opinion. No issues other than I had to remove the header, mid pipe and down pipe to pull the engine for a gearbox swap. That oem log header was looking good about 1/2 way thru the process. :crazy:
Last summer we did a road trip from Seattle Washington to Minneapolis Minnesota for the Saab Owners Convention NA and continuing on to a family reunion. The long duration legs put a lot of heat into the engine compartment and baked the paint on the inner fender/tower to a nice golden cream color. Time for some thermal management treatments. One could have used some high temp or even engine paint, but what is the fun in that? :dunno:
I also wanted to protect the brake line, and paint would not reflect the radiation heat like a reflective foil with glass insulation.
No pets were harmed in the making of these heat shields. This is where those grade school posters go after the child grows out of them. They become templates.
He Loves Goooooooooooooold. Mishmoto product. Good adhesive, forms pretty well, and reasonably priced. Do some heat cycles and see how it performs?
Attachments
IMG_8776.JPG
IMG_8775.JPG
IMG_8771.JPG
IMG_8770.JPG

Return to “Projects and Build Threads”