75 99 build

A place for long term threads surrounding a specific project or SAAB build for motorsports or restoration
BigB
Number of Saabs currently owned: 3

Re: 75 99 build

Postby BigB » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:24 pm

OK back in the game and now stuck a bit. Went to a lemons race over the past weekend and got hang with a few Saab Racers. All great guys and very helpful. A saab 900 was one of the fastest on the track with low compression turbo.
Have now moved to a commitment to put in a 16valve 900 turbo engine I have from a 89 convertible. After speaking with a few racers all suggested putting in T5 ECU. Have some significant issues with both shoulders that await surgery so looking for someone to remove and do the wiring. I can get motor out and disconnected and also firewall cut and engine mounts made. Also need the full T5 set up but a new one from EEuropeparts over $2,000. Suggestions on anyone to help near Southern NH. Can get cars and parts there to work on but my Saab go to guy doesn't have the time to put in the effort needed.

I have a ton of 99 parts and some 900 to trade for T5 stuff. Paint is done just need the stuff to make it go and go fast. Any recs appreciated. Have trailer and can haul.

Have a 78 99 rolling chassis I was going to ice race if anyone wants it for nothing. Stripped pretty clean and has rear damage on hatch lid from snow but fender wells and rest is very solid.

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Re: 75 99 build

Postby Geoff » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:27 pm

You might try FIX in Keene. The owner, Jonah, is a good guy and he's into old SAABs
https://www.facebook.com/fix47/
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

Return to “Projects and Build Threads”