building saab900 for trackdays

A place for long term threads surrounding a specific project or SAAB build for motorsports or restoration
Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Re: building saab900 for trackdays

Postby Crazyswede » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:07 pm

ric wrote:At last I ´have been able to testdrive my LSD :yay: it´s excellent !!!
I almost ended up in the ditch because I thought the car should drift a little bit as I am used to. What a grip ! I just have to get used to it .
I have also changed the front shock absorbers and all (4) springs so now the car handles like shit, I think that I will be forced to do a proper wheel alignment.
The next trackday is the 13th of September and I will hopefully be there, I have not been on a track in the hole year so this should be fun !
And remember there is always time to take a bath in the garage ;)

Wow ric....your a lot smaller than I pictured you would be :lol:
I am the 73%

ric
Nickname: ric
Number of Saabs currently owned: 3

Postby ric » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:14 pm

Yes Crazyswede it´s amazing how small and girlish I am ! And still I can reach to the pedals of my Saab 900 ;) :yay:
Any way I have a question, what wheel alignments do you guys drive with ?

And Crazyswede I know that you know that I know that you know it is my daughter sitting in the sink ;) And probably all the rest of you as well !

I did drive my car in a "cone track" ? "slalom track"? I don´t know what the English word is :dunno: but it was not very pleasant , 9th place of 30-35 people.
So I need to do something about the wheel alignment.

Thanks Richard
SAAB är bäst

airsweden
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby airsweden » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:25 pm

Sounds like what they call autocross or auto-x around here.

I have run a handful of such events in recent years. There is a good one I'll likely attend this weekend at an old go-cart track. Its pretty cool, mini road course and not so many cones.

I drive my car to and from and therefore have need for a moderate setup. I aim for 2.5 degrees neg camber, 1 degree toe out and as musch castor as possible. I'll get the car as low as it will go with a 205-50-15 tire before stuff starts to rub. Might not be perfect but as long as I beat my friends, I'm happy.

If you trailer you car maybe someone else can guide you through something more radical.
99 problems but a SAAB ain't 1

ric

Postby ric » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:58 pm

No it´s not autocross, it´s a short slalom stage with plastic cones on tarmac . The winner this time had 39,19 sec , my time was 42,47 sec and the slowest person had 65,22, that is how short the track is.
Any way I have 1 deg neg camber , 1mm toe out and I´m not sure about the caster but hopefully more than 2 deg.
But I think there is more to do.
SAAB är bäst

ric

Postby ric » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:32 pm

Sorry, I realized I have asked about wheel alignment a couple of times before I just have to look back in this topic :) thank you !
The next track day is at the 27th of September... just a few days more :)
SAAB är bäst

Return to “Projects and Build Threads”