Electrical gremlin with my Boss's Subaru.

THE place for technical discussions concering the construction and preparation of SAABs for all forms of motorsport, Rally, Road Racing, Auto-X etc....
max
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Electrical gremlin with my Boss's Subaru.

Postby max » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:45 am

Ok peeps- my boss has an 01 Forester. His battery died while at his folk's house last night. They jumped it, and as soon as they jumped it, all the lights in the car, dash, turning lights, etc all started blinking at once in unison. He says it happens with the key in, or out of the ignition. Last night he had to disconnect the battery so it wouldn't die with all the blinking lights, but he says if he connects it again, the lights go back to blinking. Anyone ever hear of this?
-Max
"My car is neither discreet, nor off-road worthy." :huh:

Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Jordan » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:25 am

They probably messed up the ECU or set off the alarm when jumping it, either by shorting it out or shocking something. Go post on the lesburu forum and see what they say...

max
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby max » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:28 am

He did already, they said disconnect the battery, which he did. He'll probably need to end up getting it reset somehow (according to Subaru people, i have no idea how one resets an ECU other than unplugging it) or just replace it, which I don't thnk he wants to do. According to him "I'll just drive the damn thing that way, blinking lights and all."
-Max
"My car is neither discreet, nor off-road worthy." :huh:

Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Jordan » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:39 am

I still think its the alarm system.

Return to “SAAB MOTORSPORT TECH”