Crankshaft differences

THE place for technical discussions concering the construction and preparation of SAABs for all forms of motorsport, Rally, Road Racing, Auto-X etc....
SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Re: Crankshaft differences

Postby SwedeSport » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:22 pm

I have some desire to build a stroker motor for my car. The only difference is I plan to put an 8v head on it and use a set of Webers.

This is probably one of those things that could work as a group buy on pistons and rods. Although the compression specs might vary on the pistons based on end use.

I assume that this combo has primarily been used in N/A motors, and no one has built this with a turbo and T5?
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Re: Crankshaft differences

Postby DrewP » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:41 pm

There was a post Raul made a while back about using 9-3 rods and pistons, the 9-3/9-5 rods and pistons are really light too, however, they are meant to be used with oil cooling nozzles. I have a set or two I think, when I pull my parts motor apart I will take some photos of the combos that at least sort of fit.

The 9-3 has the same 78mm stroke as the H/B engines, but the deck is shorter. Could be pretty easy machine work to cut down the deck a smidge to happy everything up.

The good stuff:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=959

And another:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=232&start=0
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

Return to “SAAB MOTORSPORT TECH”