Road car projects?

THE place for technical discussions concering the construction and preparation of SAABs for all forms of motorsport, Rally, Road Racing, Auto-X etc....
DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Road car projects?

Postby DeLorean » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:46 pm

Well this is my current project, prior to the start of the rally car I need to get a compitent roadcar together! I already collected all the parts I need to complete the project and it's finaly been warm enough to get this started... just up to me now to get it done. working outside the garage cause there are 2 other broken cars that don't move in the garage :lol: I like it better this way anyway, more light.

So anyway, I got the trans removed yesterday, I'd have to say it was easily the hardest FWD I have done yet. the 9000 is about twice as easy. Anyway, Here are some pics from yesterdays work.

as it sits now

sub frame, aero sway bar now installed... it's a strut car, it needs all the sway bar it can get ;)

Trans, sitting in the back of the "back up car" that has been in use now for months :lol: LSD install next.

Bad clutch, worn down to the rivets.

Flywheel, should probably get that machined as it is badly heat damaged from clutch slip.

that's all for now. next pic set will be from the LSD install.
Less brake more gas!

Return to “SAAB MOTORSPORT TECH”