Simple upgrades to B-engine?

THE place for technical discussions concering the construction and preparation of SAABs for all forms of motorsport, Rally, Road Racing, Auto-X etc....
Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Re: Simple upgrades to B-engine?

Postby Crazyswede » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:46 pm

Neil_G wrote:8 port Porsche 928 fuel distributor and extra fuel injectors ... (even though these look like water injectors in the photo :rolleyes: )

Image'

Neil

I like how the water injection in that photo just uses a windshield washer resevoir.
I am the 73%

squaab99t
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby squaab99t » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:08 pm

That is what I use on my 900t and 99t. Perfect size, close to the pump/intake, clear to check the level and weight over the drive wheels.

nutcase
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby nutcase » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:23 am

I wouldn't call using a 928 unit a "simple" upgrade :lol: but I'd LOVE to do it (as long as I had shares in whichever oil company I used for petrol :crazy:

RadioFlyer
Nickname: RadioFlyer
Number of Saabs currently owned: 7

Postby RadioFlyer » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:15 am

So I'm thinking as far as simplicity and cost, I'll stick in an intercooler and give her a tune up to start. I would love to keep it as stock as possible, so leaning away from water injection. Still on the fence about adding APC. Right now I do have all the parts for the intercooler (except the stuff to move the oil cooler), and I do have a couple of spare APCs.

Also on the list: new paint next month with a set of "Saab Turbo" side stripes (on the way from SwedeSport!), upgrade hubs from an 81+ c900, new calipers, new warm-up reg, and maybe stainless steel braided fuel lines if I can afford it.

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:13 am

RadioFlyer wrote:So I'm thinking as far as simplicity and cost, I'll stick in an intercooler and give her a tune up to start. I would love to keep it as stock as possible, so leaning away from water injection. Still on the fence about adding APC. Right now I do have all the parts for the intercooler (except the stuff to move the oil cooler), and I do have a couple of spare APCs.

Also on the list: new paint next month with a set of "Saab Turbo" side stripes (on the way from SwedeSport!), upgrade hubs from an 81+ c900, new calipers, new warm-up reg, and maybe stainless steel braided fuel lines if I can afford it.

Look for a set of the 87 hubs that run vented rotors.
I am the 73%

RadioFlyer
Nickname: RadioFlyer
Number of Saabs currently owned: 7

Postby RadioFlyer » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:21 pm

That's what I was thinking. Anyone out there have a set for cheap?

DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Postby DeLorean » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:38 pm

I could get you a set, eventually... I need one myself, so you are in line behind me already...

I think luke may have a set kicking around? I know these are frequently gone at our local junk yard.

Nutcase, you don't have, or can get an extra one of those fuel dizzys / metering plates, can you? I'd pay a fair price for one.
Less brake more gas!

Judge Edo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby Judge Edo » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:23 pm

and maybe stainless steel braided fuel lines if I can afford it.

You can just pull a set from any CIS equipped VW. I've seen seen plenty at junkyards, just haven't bothered pulling any yet.

nutcase

Postby nutcase » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:43 pm

DeLorean wrote:I could get you a set, eventually... I need one myself, so you are in line behind me already...

I think luke may have a set kicking around? I know these are frequently gone at our local junk yard.

Nutcase, you don't have, or can get an extra one of those fuel dizzys / metering plates, can you? I'd pay a fair price for one.

I can have a rummage for one :)

DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Postby DeLorean » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:51 am

sounds good, the one with the charge cooler and APC is very likely going to need a fuel system upgrade.
Less brake more gas!

nutcase

Postby nutcase » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:04 am

DeLorean wrote:I could get you a set, eventually... I need one myself, so you are in line behind me already...

I've found something not quite the same - it's from a 900 8v turbo so it has the 2 additional ports never drilled rather than blanked off. I'll see if it's usable later and get the numbers off it. In theory it should be identical to the 99 version. Did US 900 8v turbos have 6 port fuel distributors or 4 port like the 99?

99Super
Number of Saabs currently owned: 13

Postby 99Super » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:52 pm

The 80's 8v 900T's had a FD that had a bit more output, especially at the top end. Those are the ones that look like they have adjuster screws but I don't have the number right now...

John

Return to “SAAB MOTORSPORT TECH”