LH 2.4.2 tuning

THE place for technical discussions concering the construction and preparation of SAABs for all forms of motorsport, Rally, Road Racing, Auto-X etc....
DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Re: LH 2.4.2 tuning

Postby DrewP » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:10 am

I have a Jak Stoll LH2.2 chip meant for red top 34 lb/hr injectors that I will probably never use again, it has the redline raised to ~7,200 I believe. Let me know if you're interested in that. It'll take a little re-wiring on your part but shouldn't be too bad.
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

tirediron
Number of Saabs currently owned: 7

Postby tirediron » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:24 pm

DrewP wrote:I have a Jak Stoll LH2.2 chip meant for red top 34 lb/hr injectors that I will probably never use again, it has the redline raised to ~7,200 I believe. Let me know if you're interested in that. It'll take a little re-wiring on your part but shouldn't be too bad.

7200 sounds wonderful, but id imagine that would run awful lean with stock injectors? this is a 100% stock motor. wiring is no issue, but I would need to run the 2.2, well, everything. correct?

Crazyswede wrote:
tirediron wrote:parts are scarce. at least compared to LH. if I were to change it out I would go with a carburetor.
I know people have done this with LH. im worried about passing tech with a t5 setup, direct ignition is pretty obvious.

CIS parts are scarce :crazy:

I come across 16v cars for a couple hundred bucks all the time and I can't remember the last time I saw an 8v car on craigslist around here. can't say ive been looking for one either though.
-matt

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:57 pm

Not trying to start a battle. Just that there are lots of ci s parts out there. Normally I wouldn't suggest going backwards to cis...but in your application it might be a simple cheap alternative. Cis has no rev limiter and can be easily put on a 16v. Its a simpler less obvious mod than t5.

Or if you want something else I have a good sds system I no longrt need...would sell.
I am the 73%

Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Jordan » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:44 am

I asked about the one I was told about, and it apparently got burned up when someone tried to make a copy. So it is no more.

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby DrewP » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:34 am

With stock injectors it would run badly, but with red 34's from a 9000/NG900 on the track it might be just what you need. If I remember right it wanted more than stock boost to be happy. I was running it on 34lb injectors and a 2.5 BAR fuel pressure regulator and it was just too rich at cruise to make sense in a street car. It's one of Jak's early stage 2 chips before he got some of the bugs worked out.

You can have it for shipping to try out if you want - I've been blessed with lots of Saab karma lately and would be happy to pass some of it on.
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

tirediron
Number of Saabs currently owned: 7

Postby tirediron » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:39 pm

Crazyswede wrote:Not trying to start a battle. Just that there are lots of ci s parts out there. Normally I wouldn't suggest going backwards to cis...but in your application it might be a simple cheap alternative. Cis has no rev limiter and can be easily put on a 16v. Its a simpler less obvious mod than t5.

Or if you want something else I have a good sds system I no longrt need...would sell.

oh I believe you, ive just never had the need to look. I assumed parts would be getting scarce by now. could work, in this situation being able to spin it up a little faster is worth more than peak hp.
sds? whats that? im clueless with anything other than LH and T5.

DrewP wrote:With stock injectors it would run badly, but with red 34's from a 9000/NG900 on the track it might be just what you need. If I remember right it wanted more than stock boost to be happy. I was running it on 34lb injectors and a 2.5 BAR fuel pressure regulator and it was just too rich at cruise to make sense in a street car. It's one of Jak's early stage 2 chips before he got some of the bugs worked out.

You can have it for shipping to try out if you want - I've been blessed with lots of Saab karma lately and would be happy to pass some of it on.

im all for trying stuff. driveablility isn't a concern. somewhat rich is OK. with my mini stock (2.3 ford, carbureted) we shoot for around 12.8-13.0 air/fuel at WOT on the dyno. thing runs closer to 11.0 at idle. way rich for a street car, but makes good power that way.
-matt

Return to “SAAB MOTORSPORT TECH”