Single turbo'd LS2 swapped into a Z3

THE place for technical discussions concering the construction and preparation of SAABs for all forms of motorsport, Rally, Road Racing, Auto-X etc....
DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Re: Single turbo'd LS2 swapped into a Z3

Postby DrewP » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:35 pm

squaab99t wrote:That thing looks like a hand full. Good luck to the owner not stuffing it.

We've already had that conversation. He is holding off getting all the emissions stuff in order because the registration is good thru next summer, and he figured there is a decent change it won't make it to next summer to even need the emissions equipment....

That was all on the stock tune, injectors, and fuel pump believe it or not.

Last week I got the fuel system all sorted (HFP 300 lph pump, DEKA 60 lb/hr injectors) and loaded a 2.5 BAR tune and 2 BAR MAP sensor so it doesn't cut into limp the second it sees the crazy airflow going through.

Now the thing is downright scary. Will spin the (stock size) tires in 4th on the freeway.

It really is a monster. I haven't been in a big block Shelby Cobra, but I expect it's a very similar sensation.
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

mrazekan
Nickname: gusano
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Re: Single turbo'd LS2 swapped into a Z3

Postby mrazekan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:59 am

DrewP wrote:
squaab99t wrote:...Now the thing is downright scary. Will spin the (stock size) tires in 4th on the freeway.

It really is a monster. I haven't been in a big block Shelby Cobra, but I expect it's a very similar sensation.

Holy smokes (literally) Drew. Great work.

Return to “SAAB MOTORSPORT TECH”