1970 99

THE place for technical discussions concering the construction and preparation of SAABs for all forms of motorsport, Rally, Road Racing, Auto-X etc....
Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

1970 99

Postby Geoff » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:53 pm

Not my car :-( I stopped by my friend's shop a few years ago to talk SAABs and he had just given a basically rust-free '70 99 to a kid that is now working for him part time.

The kid tore the (Triumph) engine down and got the head re-worked. I just helped him out with some valve shims.

It turns out the car is missing the clutch slave cylinder (external type). I looked and the mechanism that the fork presses on to operate the clutch looks like it could be unbolted and a later 99/C900 slave cylinder fitted, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know if this will work?
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Re: 1970 99

Postby DeLorean » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:26 pm

I do not believe that it will work, but I could be wrong. I could probably round up a fork or the slave from one of the parts cars, I think that the 72 we have still has this, and it works. This trans will be going away from that car.
Less brake more gas!

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Re: 1970 99

Postby Geoff » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:40 am

Jeff, if you have the parts he needs, he'd be grateful to get them. Let me know.

I'll stop by there in a day or so and see if he got anywhere with the C900 slave cylinder. I kind of doubt it but it almost looked like it could potentially fit.
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

Return to “SAAB MOTORSPORT TECH”