where to buy lesjofors 30mm lowering springs

THE place for technical discussions concering the construction and preparation of SAABs for all forms of motorsport, Rally, Road Racing, Auto-X etc....
Sam
Nickname: sambone
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Re: where to buy lesjofors 30mm lowering springs

Postby Sam » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:02 pm

This corresponds with the evidence i have seen on my car where there was visible rubbing and a small hole in the fender on the right side but not the left. It also explains the damage I found this past weekend on the bump stop mount on that side. The reason why seems to clearly be the result of the panhard rod shifting the axle to the right as the index angle changes.

This caused rust on the right side which has eaten things away enough that you don't hear rub. The left now has audible rub as the suspension compresses under a heavy load and the tire hits the plastic spg trim. The whole axle unit is just too compressed with these springs. I have found that I do need to repair the bumpstops to safely resolve the problem, however this is an uphill battle considering the light grade sheet metal from which the mounts are constructed.

I used my ramps to get a visual of whats happening: see below
https://www.flickr.com/photos/29341303@N04/13656494395/

Long story short after break-in - the moogs kind of suck. Though they ride well, progressive springs on a 900 are a bad idea. There really is just not enough available wheel travel given the live axle thrust. I don't know what my next step will be yet. I may try rotating the springs and see if it makes any difference.
There is no such thing as too low or too stiff.

Saabina
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Re: where to buy lesjofors 30mm lowering springs

Postby Saabina » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:26 pm

I'm really happy with the SPG springs front and rear (SAS spacers rear only) and Koni Red's on lowest setting ('93 c900t Hatch.) No rubbing even loaded on rough roads. Ride is decent and not overly harsh. Lot more fun to drive and corners really well. Total cost was about $400 since the springs were a boneyard find. Whole conversion took about 6 hours BYM (Back Yard Mechanic) time. Moog cc205's are still in the box if anyone wants them!

Return to “SAAB MOTORSPORT TECH”