General Parts Sharing

THE place for technical discussions concering the construction and preparation of SAABs for all forms of motorsport, Rally, Road Racing, Auto-X etc....
Saab99_16vT
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

General Parts Sharing

Postby Saab99_16vT » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:59 pm

luke, do you still have the first set of brake masters that you bought? i'm finally starting up again to reasssembly my 99 and want to do things really right. i want to get ride of the booster and master and run a dual master cylinder setup. so if you have them and want to sell them, i'll by them, otherwise which ones did you get?
the man crazy enough to strap himself into the passenger seat while Luke drives, i.e. CO-DRIVER

Saab 92-X Aero

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:18 am

I still have the set of wilwood masters. They are 3/4" bore. Are you planning on going to the wilwood caliper setup as well then? If you are planning on staying with the 9000 calipers you might want to downsize the master bore to 5/8 to get more hydraulic advantage. The 9000 calipers have a piston area of 3.46 square inches while the wilwoods are 4.8 sq inches, or 41% larger. That translates to 41% more effort at the pedal given the same sized masters. Either way you will want to change the mechanical ratio the pedal to 6:1 which considered ideal for non power boosted brakes. Thats easy to do though, just a matter of redrilling one of arms on the linkage. I have all my calculations from when I did this somewhere. I will try to dig them up.

Return to “SAAB MOTORSPORT TECH”