Help Needed - K Jetronic Fuel Distributor for 1978 99 Turbo

THE place for technical discussions concering the construction and preparation of SAABs for all forms of motorsport, Rally, Road Racing, Auto-X etc....
TurboBudapest
Nickname: Ed
Number of Saabs currently owned: 3

Help Needed - K Jetronic Fuel Distributor for 1978 99 Turbo

Postby TurboBudapest » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:43 am

Hello Everyone - I need your help with my 1978 99 Turbo. My indy Saab mechanic says that the K Jetronic fuel distributor on my car is on its last legs and ideally would need to be replaced. It appears that the head on my car is not the original unit for Saab, but perhaps off another vehicle which used this system. Does anyone know where I can get a new one or a good reconditioned unit? Also, are there any other heads which are compatible for the 99 Turbo as used on other cars from different manufacturers? Any help is much appreciated.

Doing an Internet search, there is very little information on the correct unit for my car, and where replacements can be purchased.

Thanks!

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Re: Help Needed - K Jetronic Fuel Distributor for 1978 99 Tu

Postby Geoff » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:40 am

99 Turbos that came to the US (maybe Canada too?) got 4-port CIS fuel distributors (4 lines). I'm not sure if it's the same part number as a non-turbo car. Other markets got CIS fuel distributors with 4 lines but six ports, two of the ports weren't drilled. Basically it was a CIS fuel distributor for a 6-cylinder car but used on a 4 cylinder turbo. I've seen the same type of 6-port fuel distributors on turbocharged Volvos in the US.

I forget, was your car originally a US car?
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

Chouan
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Re: Help Needed - K Jetronic Fuel Distributor for 1978 99 Tu

Postby Chouan » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:59 pm

Google: "cis fuel distributor rebuild"

Not cheap....
http://www.specialtauto.com/fuel-distributors.html
http://cisflowtech.net/m/

My 99 Turbo has a later 900 fuel distributor. The PO had switched to the later one claiming more fuel delivery. I don't know about that. I do know the one he installed was used and in terrible shape. I replaced it with another of the same 900 style (4 ports with, hex screw adjustments on each port).

Geoff is right about 6 ports, two blocked, being a euro thing. Then again euro cars didn't get lambda, so WOT enrichment was done diffidently.

Return to “SAAB MOTORSPORT TECH”