squaabworks cps kit and vibration dampeners

THE place for technical discussions concering the construction and preparation of SAABs for all forms of motorsport, Rally, Road Racing, Auto-X etc....
tirediron
Number of Saabs currently owned: 7

squaabworks cps kit and vibration dampeners

Postby tirediron » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:15 pm

t5ing my 2.1 N/A car and my crank pulley is definitely the wrong one for this kit, timing isn't even close.

which pulley is the correct one and what cars did it come on?

in pictures i found one of the 3 bolts appears to be inline with the keyway, mine is not.

i have a 2.0 n/a parts car but the motor is smased into the firewall and its over the bank in the woods behind my house, would like to know if it's the correct one before i go out with the sawzall.
-matt

Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Re: squaabworks cps kit and vibration dampeners

Postby Jordan » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:22 pm

Has to be an oe pulley from a turbo

tirediron

Postby tirediron » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:38 pm

beautiful, thanks Jordan. couldn't find that bit of info anywhere, why in the hell did they clock the a/c pulley bolt hole differently? otherwise the pulley is the same correct, aren't all these motors internally balanced?
-matt

squaab99t
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby squaab99t » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:39 am

tirediron wrote:beautiful, thanks Jordan. couldn't find that bit of info anywhere, why in the hell did they clock the a/c pulley bolt hole differently? otherwise the pulley is the same correct, aren't all these motors internally balanced?

The included instructions spell out that the pulley has to be a non ezk pulley. I reference the turbo oem part number. I sent install instructions to every original buyer.
Pm your email address and I can send you a PDF if you would like. Most folks find it helpful.
I also need to know what version you have, adjustable or non trigger wheel?
The reason for the different clocking is they had to make room for the ezk chopper wheel. Seems that the A/C and the trigger wheel sat on top of each other in one location. Thus they rotated it.
Not sure what is in a non turbo? You can so some internet research and see if both cars use the same part?

tirediron

Postby tirediron » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:47 am

that makes sense. i bought the kit used, no instructions so i was just winging it. pretty straight forward though, just have to get the right pulley. everything i have is 88+ 16v n/a, so all were originally EZK cars.

it's an early kit, no adjustment.
-matt

Return to “SAAB MOTORSPORT TECH”