Dimensions of Wilwood Powerlite Adapter

THE place for technical discussions concering the construction and preparation of SAABs for all forms of motorsport, Rally, Road Racing, Auto-X etc....
KoogiA17
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Dimensions of Wilwood Powerlite Adapter

Postby KoogiA17 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:13 am

Have drawn up an adaptor in CAD (see render below -my design is slightly different) to mount the Wilwood Powerlite caliper to the rear of a 99. Have utilised measurements from the caliper diagram on the Wilwood website + measurements taken from the rear axle. I was hoping that someone (I think it was Crazyswede who did the original adaptors) has a CAD drawing so that I can compare my dimensions with those of the Saab Rally adaptors. Want to make sure that I have the distance from the caliper mounting face to the holes for mounting the adapter to the axle correct.

Rear Brake Bracket - Powerlite Caliper.jpg

Saabguy70
Nickname: Intheditch
Number of Saabs currently owned: 3

Re: Dimensions of Wilwood Powerlite Adapter

Postby Saabguy70 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:22 pm

Could you 3d print your adapter and them test fit it on the rear axle? I do have access to 6 3d printers so I would glad to help you is you need a print done. I can also test fit it on to a 99 rear axle, I still have my 78 axle in storage. I am currently running 88 SPG rear axle on mine. Axxis Brake pads and stock c900 calipers and SS brake lines.

KoogiA17

Postby KoogiA17 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:06 am

Saabguy70 wrote:Could you 3d print your adapter and them test fit it on the rear axle? I do have access to 6 3d printers so I would glad to help you is you need a print done. I can also test fit it on to a 99 rear axle, I still have my 78 axle in storage. I am currently running 88 SPG rear axle on mine. Axxis Brake pads and stock c900 calipers and SS brake lines.

Thanks a lot for the offer. Wouldn't want to waste your time and materials printing up prototypes.

Easier just to check the dimensions on the computer. Have got a complete CAD model of the rear axle with suspension arms, springs, calipers, rotors, wheels, torque arms etc.

KoogiA17

Postby KoogiA17 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:33 am

Just checked back through posts re: the adapters and it would appear it was Luke who made the 1st lot then Crazyswede did another run. Apologies.

Just want to check dimensions and clearances in CAD as plan on getting my own set machined along with a load of other parts.

squaab99t
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby squaab99t » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:50 pm

KoogiA17 wrote:Just checked back through posts re: the adapters and it would appear it was Luke who made the 1st lot then Crazyswede did another run. Apologies.

Just want to check dimensions and clearances in CAD as plan on getting my own set machined along with a load of other parts.

I have an original set that Luke made, but I have not mounted yet. Which dimensions are you looking for and I can measure the set I have. Aka the Chinese blueprint.

Return to “SAAB MOTORSPORT TECH”