Adjustable panhard rod

THE place for technical discussions concering the construction and preparation of SAABs for all forms of motorsport, Rally, Road Racing, Auto-X etc....
Blue Jello Rain
Nickname: Aryl
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Adjustable panhard rod

Postby Blue Jello Rain » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:43 pm

Figured I'd come by and say that I absolutely love this thing. I asked Luke to adjust the length for a stock 900 and it fits absolutely perfectly, I've been living with one that had disintegrated bushings for the last 6 months (Project car, was fixing rust).

Thought some of you might get a kick out of how I drilled the mounting holes out. All of them were easy to do with a step bit except the axle side mount, rear hole. No room for a angle drill on the gas tank side and the coil spring was in the way to drill it from the front.

I really, really didn't want to remove the spring (Never done it before) so I used my tap and die set. With a small wrench on a tap, I very carefully tapped the hole progressively larger up to 1/2" coarse threads, then drilled it out by hand with a 1/2" drill bit and some vice grips :P

I know I should have just removed the spring, everyone says it's easy to do...I'm a stubborn person though.

Worth every bit of effort! Very nicely machined piece, adjusted perfectly like I asked for and the only lateral flex in the rear end is from the sidewalls of the tires now.

Thanks Luke!

Luke
Site Admin

Re: Adjustable panhard rod

Postby Luke » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:31 pm

Glad it work out well!

Return to “SAAB MOTORSPORT TECH”