laminova intercooler

THE place for technical discussions concering the construction and preparation of SAABs for all forms of motorsport, Rally, Road Racing, Auto-X etc....
speedysaab
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

laminova intercooler

Postby speedysaab » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:02 pm

thought some people might be interested on my new venture

squaab99t

Re: laminova intercooler

Postby squaab99t » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:08 pm

Very cool. I have seen those in American supercharged Engines. Are you planning on running the throttle body to the center of the air box? This would even out the runner geometry and heat transfer. The other option is counter current flow of the air versus coolant.

speedysaab

Postby speedysaab » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:09 pm

Cheers Dennis - your afrs have been perfect timing to show it would be better to equal the flow across the manifold - thinking of bolting a 9-3 throttle body to the box or running a pipe around to roughly original area - that's going to increase plenum volume- what do you think?

hutch
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby hutch » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:57 pm

Awesome stuff!

I've been intrigued by water/air intercoolers in a c900 because of packaging benefits and they seem to fit my driving needs but have never quite pulled the trigger on a setup. I'd never seen one quite like that though, definitely a novel approach!

squaab99t

Postby squaab99t » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:31 am

speedysaab wrote:Cheers Dennis - your afrs have been perfect timing to show it would be better to equal the flow across the manifold - thinking of bolting a 9-3 throttle body to the box or running a pipe around to roughly original area - that's going to increase plenum volume- what do you think?

I merged two runs together to get a nice rpm range from 3200-6700. If I take an average of cylinder 1 and 4, the over all percentage difference is 4.5%. :yay: :bawl: :-O :thumbsup: :thumbsdown: (my little girl is helping with the smilies). This is really pretty good. Per my intel, OEMs try for single digits.
AFR per cylinder Rev d.jpg

Don't forget to subtract the volume that will be displaced by the cooling rods.

Return to “SAAB MOTORSPORT TECH”