Koni Lifetime Warranty

THE place for technical discussions concering the construction and preparation of SAABs for all forms of motorsport, Rally, Road Racing, Auto-X etc....
DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Koni Lifetime Warranty

Postby DrewP » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:53 pm

Has anyone had any experience getting a Koni damper repaired/replaced under warranty? One of the rears on my 900 lost it's gas seal and dumped some oil out and now that back corner is all spongey.

Their warranty form wants original proof of purchase, which I am almost certain I don't have since I bought them at least 10 years ago, probably more like 15.

http://www.koni-na.com/CorporateSite/me ... rranty.pdf

Curious if anyone has had experience with them already before I give Koni a call.
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

Sam
Nickname: sambone
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Re: Koni Lifetime Warranty

Postby Sam » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:05 pm

They replaced my front shocks for my 9-5 way back. I think i had to provide a receipt but they mailed me a new pair free of charge. I had to mail the old ones back for the exchange. I don't think the quality is great for the konis. I might save myself the trouble and just order bilsteins since you'll have to pay to ship the old units back anyway. I even think cheap KYBs might be a better option...
There is no such thing as too low or too stiff.

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Re: Koni Lifetime Warranty

Postby DrewP » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:36 am

Cool, thanks. I like how the Koni's ride better than Bilsteins and the others that I've driven. I'll report back.
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

Return to “SAAB MOTORSPORT TECH”