Improving oil pressure while driving

THE place for technical discussions concering the construction and preparation of SAABs for all forms of motorsport, Rally, Road Racing, Auto-X etc....
Krizzie
Nickname: Kris
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Improving oil pressure while driving

Postby Krizzie » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:13 am

I find my oil pressure to be on the low side while driving. It never gets higher than 3.7 bar (cold, warm doesn't matter) but usually is between 3 and 3.5. At idle it's between 1.5 and 2 bar (even at 100c) which I think is fine..

The pump has been swapped already, since the old one sometimes dipped below 1 bar while idling hot and was clearly worn...

Is it wise to increase the spring pressure of the pressure valve to get some more pressure while driving?

VDO sensor and gauge are used to measure the pressure. (swapped both out including wiring to rule a bad reading out)
My ride: MY91 Saab 900 Aero T5.5 Converted, 9000 Aero interior, Xenon projectors and many more mods/upgrades

squaab99t
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Re: Improving oil pressure while driving

Postby squaab99t » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:40 pm

Doing some start-up and idle tuning yesterday, and observed the oil pressure when warmed up. Right around 2 bar when at idle. I recall something like 4 bar when cold with some light engine load.

Return to “SAAB MOTORSPORT TECH”