9-5 TD04 rebuild woes

THE place for technical discussions concering the construction and preparation of SAABs for all forms of motorsport, Rally, Road Racing, Auto-X etc....
Sam
Nickname: sambone
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

9-5 TD04 rebuild woes

Postby Sam » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:08 pm

I have successfully rebuilt an aero turbo to be put in my car, all of the lines are ordered and its ready to be installed save one problem: I cannot get get the large expanding ring in which holds the compressor housing together. I've been told to use a bit of motor oil and ease it in there, however i can't get the core low enough so that i can fit the expanding ring into the groove in the compressor housing. To anyone who has done this rebuild -- help!

matt
Turbo Troll Crew Chief
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby matt » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:15 pm

I've never rebuilt a turbo and therefore need a diagram to understand WTF you're talking about.
"we changed a flat in 4 minutes, twice"
1994 9000 Aero (intake, stg 4 ecu, 3" TBE, clutch + broken trans mod) *sold*
2001 Subaru Outback Wagon *sold*
2006 Subaru WRX Wagon I'm back on boost!
ImageImage

DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Postby DeLorean » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:07 pm

is the pin in the correct spot? Do you have the circlip turned upside down? There is only 1 way that the circlip will fit in there (it's tapered on the 1 side). getting it physically in there was the hardest part for me, not getting the housing in far enough... I had to borrow a big automatic trans circlip pliers set
Less brake more gas!

Return to “SAAB MOTORSPORT TECH”