anyone ever tried the speedparts wheel adapters on a c900?

THE place for technical discussions concering the construction and preparation of SAABs for all forms of motorsport, Rally, Road Racing, Auto-X etc....
TurboWookiee
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

anyone ever tried the speedparts wheel adapters on a c900?

Postby TurboWookiee » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:53 pm

anyone using the speedparts wheel adapters on a c900?? i really wanna keep the the three spoke wheels on my car but i want to go to some stock 17's from a 9-5 i'm just concerned about rubbing using adapters. my car is really low thought so i dont wanna rub all the time.
it's only fun building saabs when u break them...

www.snailspeedcarclub.com western pa's only all forced induction car club

1990 SPG "Kaos" the project that some day will be completed
1987 SPG clone "Wookiee"
1987 Buick beater DD
i want a NG as a DD

DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Re: anyone ever tried the speedparts wheel adapters on a c900?

Postby DeLorean » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:19 am

Kaylan over at TSL uses them, and so far the wheels have not fallen off her 9000. Pretty sure they claim they are not for street use, but take your chances. IMO, they look kind of scary.
Less brake more gas!

max
Site Admin

Postby max » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:50 am

I like adapters for that slightly-widened wheel look, especially on the Mini, but I've always been wary about what it might do to the car's suspension in terms of added stress, plus it changes the geometry. :dunno:
-Max
"My car is neither discreet, nor off-road worthy." :huh:

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:11 am

The adaptors should not adversely effect the suspension and steering if they are used with the proper wheel. If you are using it to space out your current wheels then you can expect handling and component wear issues. The wider wheel used with the wheel spacers should have a different offset such that the centerline still completes the suspension geometry and doesnt screw up the turning centers etc.
I am the 73%

paulh
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby paulh » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:33 am

Crazyswede wrote:The adaptors should not adversely effect the suspension and steering if they are used with the proper wheel. If you are using it to space out your current wheels then you can expect handling and component wear issues. The wider wheel used with the wheel spacers should have a different offset such that the centerline still completes the suspension geometry and doesnt screw up the turning centers etc.

The ones he is talking about are these http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/prod ... cts_id=585 they convert the car from a 4x108 to a 5x110 like the 9-3/9-5's use. The offset should be about right, as the 9-5/9-3 wheels are usually quite high, like 49mm, and the 9k/900 needs more like a 30, so the adapter thickness should just about fix that. They kinda scare me too, but its probably unfounded, as I've never heard of any issues related to them, and there are quite a few high HP cars that run them, including Kaylan's car like Delorean said. As long as you make sure to install the wheels and spacers very carefully with a torque wrench, i don't see why there would actually be an issue.

Paul

TurboWookiee

Postby TurboWookiee » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:18 pm

So does anyone know if these are still avil.?? i can't find them anywhere anymore. if not anyone have kaylans email?? maybe i could get the spec from her so i can get a set made.
it's only fun building saabs when u break them...

www.snailspeedcarclub.com western pa's only all forced induction car club

1990 SPG "Kaos" the project that some day will be completed

1987 SPG clone "Wookiee"

1987 Buick beater DD

i want a NG as a DD

Return to “SAAB MOTORSPORT TECH”