Congrats to Saabrally, and Luke!

Let us know what you like, what you don't and what you'd like to see more of.
DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Congrats to Saabrally, and Luke!

Postby DeLorean » Tue May 01, 2012 11:41 pm

Personally, I think this website is one of the best resources for pre 1993 Saab models around. I wanted to just say "thanks" - I think this website is becoming the go to place for all Classic Saab owners.

Anyone with a classic Saab that they actually drive should have this forum in their bookmarks!
Less brake more gas!

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Re: Congrats to Saabrally, and Luke!

Postby SwedeSport » Wed May 02, 2012 9:33 am

I agree,

But sometimes it's a little too quiet around here. I know you guys are working on some cool projects in your garages. But I only see sporadic posts about it. Of my many project threads, I try to update at least once a week, even if little happened. There can be days without any activity on the forum.

Content is content, and if people expect to find something new to read every time they log in, I think it will promote activity. So post! We all have SAAB hobbies in common, but there is more to it. We are all rather creative and intelligent people, with lots of great projects. Like tow rigs, or that old race trailer youre bringing back from the dead, or the minibike you got to scoot around the pits at the track.
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby DrewP » Wed May 02, 2012 11:20 am

I fall into that trap myself, but I've also been spending a lot of time working on other projects and not doing as well documenting them.

Never too late for another new year's resolution!
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Thu May 03, 2012 7:27 am

Thanks guys! But its really you I need to thank, the site is nothing without all of you that contribute cool projects, thoughts and ideas.
Like someone said before, I think our signal->noise ratio is pretty high here, there are sites with a lot more gross activity, but not as much content.

Thanks again!

Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Jordan » Thu May 03, 2012 8:55 am

Our slogan may need to be expanded to..."dedicated to keeping classic SAAB on the road". This is actually going to be a big year for "us" (the SAABRally collective) as there will probably more classics out there competing and just having fun than I have seen a long time.

I have to thank all of you SAAB weirdos for contributing the great projects section as well. There are truly some serious brains and talent out there. I hope to continue to learn and be inspired. Most of all, I hope to see you on the track/stage/hill/parking lot :)

SwedeSport

Postby SwedeSport » Thu May 03, 2012 9:39 am

Jordan wrote:I have to thank all of you SAAB weirdos for contributing the great projects section as well. There are truly some serious brains and talent out there. I hope to continue to learn and be inspired. Most of all, I hope to see you on the track/stage/hill/parking lot :)

So how did a backyard hack like me get to be a member here?

hutch
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby hutch » Thu May 03, 2012 10:41 am

"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member"

Seriously though, this place really has become a great resource for anything vintage Saab related, I just wish I could give back half as much as I learn from all you smart people.

SwedeSport

Postby SwedeSport » Thu May 03, 2012 11:01 am

I dabbled in other forums, and felt like an outcast because I wanted to modify my car for racing. Alot of purists on the other sites. They all directed me to this place.

I may not have as much education, skill, ability as some of you but by surrounding myself with those more knowlegeable I have become a better backyard hack!

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby DrewP » Thu May 03, 2012 11:15 am

SwedeSport wrote:I may not have as much education, skill, ability as some of you but by surrounding myself with those more knowlegeable I have become a better backyard hack!

...But you're the one who's actually making progress, it's good motivation for the rest of us to stop over-thinking everything!
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

SwedeSport

Postby SwedeSport » Thu May 03, 2012 11:24 am

I find motivation to try to keep up with all you engineer types.

I spent years planning the perfect car project, and wasted years dreaming about it. I'm not getting any younger, and I want to enjoy these cars before I hit the geriatric center.

Return to “Site Feedback”