Post Pics of your current daily driver(s)

Media related to saabs and/or rally
sonett
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Re: Post Pics of your current daily driver(s)

Postby sonett » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:57 am

I really do like that 123 series Merc in the post further back, i had a 200T but the 2000cc Merc engine was a gutless wonder in that car, i also had a '78 240D saloon which i liked but not as much as the wagon, it's hard to find a good 123 wagon in the UK.
Any road up.........
Here's my daily driver, 1987 900i with the 'S' pack, 80k miles and it drives great, it's a 3 speed auto so my licence is safe from speeding tickets :yay: , perfect for my needs at present, 5 doors and a great boot.

Of course my other not so daily driver, is not so slow, although the colour and age does belie it's performance.
'87 900i
'83 99GL
'76 EMS
'00 Evo 6 tme Red
'00 Evo 6 tme Black

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:44 am

sonett wrote:

Of course my other not so daily driver, is not so slow, although the colour and age does belie it's performance.

Thats one of those Saabs where the passenger gets to drive :lol:
I am the 73%

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby SwedeSport » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:04 am

Sonett, I actually dig the color of your 99. Is that an original Saab color? When I first got my Dolomite Sand 86 900, the first thought was that it would make a good sleeper. Keep the original color and chrome trim, and leave the interior plain jane stock. Drop in a hopped up 16v turbo, and run widened steel wheels with a set of Saab hubcaps. I think I got a little carried away! Not so sleeper-ish anymore.
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Jordan » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:06 am

SwedeSport wrote:Sonett, I actually dig the color of your 99. Is that an original Saab color? When I first got my Dolomite Sand 86 900, the first thought was that it would make a good sleeper. Keep the original color and chrome trim, and leave the interior plain jane stock. Drop in a hopped up 16v turbo, and run widened steel wheels with a set of Saab hubcaps. I think I got a little carried away! Not so sleeper-ish anymore.

Have you seen Jack Lawrence's 900 ( I think its a 79 or 80?) ?

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby SwedeSport » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:10 am

If you are referring to the orange early 900 with the widened steelies, the answer is yes, I saw it at Carlisle a few years back.
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

sonett

Postby sonett » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:55 pm

SwedeSport wrote:Sonett, I actually dig the color of your 99. Is that an original Saab color? When I first got my Dolomite Sand 86 900, the first thought was that it would make a good sleeper. Keep the original color and chrome trim, and leave the interior plain jane stock. Drop in a hopped up 16v turbo, and run widened steel wheels with a set of Saab hubcaps. I think I got a little carried away! Not so sleeper-ish anymore.

The colour has actually grown on me over the years, it's the original paint and it has never been welded and still doesn't, i think with these unusual colours when the paint and bodywork statrts to become tatty, the car looks really ratty, but when the paint is A1 they look quite stunning.
'87 900i
'83 99GL
'76 EMS
'00 Evo 6 tme Red
'00 Evo 6 tme Black

SaabsBreakDown
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby SaabsBreakDown » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:35 am

it infuriates me that europe got all the 5 doors and 2 doors. I love my 5 door 99 and would love to have another 5 door in the future.

max
Site Admin

Postby max » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:31 pm

SaabsBreakDown wrote:Well max, at least when you break down you can just call up one of your friends with their saab hatch backs and instead of a tow truck just put your mini in their trunk.

There's an idea!

So do you autocross that thing?

I have, but not regularly. Haven't been in a while. Didn't do too bad, but nothing spectacular.
-Max
"My car is neither discreet, nor off-road worthy." :huh:

sonett

Postby sonett » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:30 am

SaabsBreakDown wrote:it infuriates me that europe got all the 5 doors and 2 doors. I love my 5 door 99 and would love to have another 5 door in the future.

We also got the 3 doors and 4 doors, in fact i think we had the choice of almost everything :UK:
'87 900i
'83 99GL
'76 EMS
'00 Evo 6 tme Red
'00 Evo 6 tme Black

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:29 am

sonett wrote:
SaabsBreakDown wrote:it infuriates me that europe got all the 5 doors and 2 doors. I love my 5 door 99 and would love to have another 5 door in the future.

We also got the 3 doors and 4 doors, in fact i think we had the choice of almost everything :UK:

The nice thing about the USA is that its a lot easier to modify cars and trucks. Sure we have an inspection system but it varies from state to state. So if I want to put a supercharged V8 in my saab 900 most states don't care.
I am the 73%

Return to “Photos and Video”