That's perfect!
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

max
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Re: The future Saabrally hotel

Postby max » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:04 pm

:-O

And here I thought a LR Defender 110 couldn't possibly get any cooler...

If I ever strike it rich, I will bankroll the rally team and we'll buy this setup, I promise.
-Max
"My car is neither discreet, nor off-road worthy." :huh:

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:11 pm

it looks like a LR 110 crew cab with modified box on the back.
I am the 73%

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:36 am

Seth,
When I was in high school I used to work for a guy doing odd jobs, yard work, etc... His family had made it rich very early on in the steel industry in Pennsylvania, so he spent his youth in the 50 and 60's traveling throughout europe and africa in land rovers. When I was working for him about (about 12-14 years ago) he had a bunch of old 60's land rovers in the field behind his barn. The township got on his case about the eyesore they were creating and they had to be scrapped. But back behind the barn in the woods there was a "safari camper back" for a long wheelbase early land rover. I remember it being really cool, mostly constructed of aluminum with all sorts of cubby holes for misc supplies and a kitchen area and of course a pop top roof. He told me all sorts of crazy stories about the years he spent living out of it, from the way he talked about it the land rover was apparently quite the babe magnet :) I could drive by sometime and see if its still sitting there in the woods, but if its still there the condition would definatly leave much to be desired...

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:43 am

Luke wrote:Seth,
When I was in high school I used to work for a guy doing odd jobs, yard work, etc... His family had made it rich very early on in the steel industry in Pennsylvania, so he spent his youth in the 50 and 60's traveling throughout europe and africa in land rovers. When I was working for him about (about 12-14 years ago) he had a bunch of old 60's land rovers in the field behind his barn. The township got on his case about the eyesore they were creating and they had to be scrapped. But back behind the barn in the woods there was a "safari camper back" for a long wheelbase early land rover. I remember it being really cool, mostly constructed of aluminum with all sorts of cubby holes for misc supplies and a kitchen area and of course a pop top roof. He told me all sorts of crazy stories about the years he spent living out of it, from the way he talked about it the land rover was apparently quite the babe magnet :) I could drive by sometime and see if its still sitting there in the woods, but if its still there the condition would definatly leave much to be desired...

You should definetely take a look. Its possible that its a doormobile which are quite rare and might be in better shape then you think. If its mounted on a rover its likely the rover itself is a rust case but worth finding out.

Modern Doormobile setup:

I am the 73%

Return to “Photos and Video”