orange rally Saab

Media related to saabs and/or rally
321go
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

orange rally Saab

Postby 321go » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:01 am

Just ran across this photo from 100AW '03 and was wondering if this car is still running around.

Rally Racing News has driver and codriver listes as: John Groo and Thomas Pinkham

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Re: orange rally Saab

Postby Crazyswede » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:17 am

321go wrote:Just ran across this photo from 100AW '03 and was wondering if this car is still running around.
Rally Racing News has driver and codriver listes as: John Groo and Thomas Pinkham

Nope. that car is history. Parts if anything. As I recall it became a bit too bent after one to many jumps...to the point where the door gaps were messed up. Its parts live on in other cars though. Belonged to John Groo.
I am the 73%

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:52 am

Yep, Jordan, Mike White and myself (and maybe a few other on this site) all gathered in connecticut to help part that out in 2008 or so. John's still really active in the rally community. He's been crew captain for a couple of teams running a national effort and also worked hard to get Mike Whites silver/orange 900 on stages. If you run into him at a rally he'll probably already be under your car having found some parts thats damaged that no one else noticed and he'll already be half way through the repair.

Rallyho
Nickname: El Blanco
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Rallyho » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:03 pm

Ya beat me to it Luke!

I would say that the orange <shell> is gone, but litterally anything that could be unbolted or cut off it was saved.

As rally cars tend to do, my silver one has benefited from not only the actual parts of rally cars gone by, but the development and hands on knowledge of the saab rally communitity as well.

I haven't posted pics yet, and hate to threadjack, but a new solid rear axle has been created and will hopefully be bolted into my car soon.

Rally. Break. Re-engineer. Repeat.
Rallyho

Return to “Photos and Video”