A Scandinavian Honeymoon

Media related to saabs and/or rally
DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

A Scandinavian Honeymoon

Postby DrewP » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:20 am

This is where I am uploading photos of our April honeymoon to Sweden and Norway, I will make a separate album for the SAAB factory and museum later, but for now I'm gonna throw those in here too.

Just wait till later this week when photos of our stay at the Icehotel go up, and you won't think us so crazy to vacation north of the arctic circle in late March....

Drew & Kirsten's Scandinavian Honeymoon
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Re: A Scandinavian Honeymoon

Postby Geoff » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:43 pm

haha, McDonalds! Make sure you check out some of the wacky fast food places they have there (if not to eat, at least to laugh). You can get Swedish Meatballs (Kotebullar). John Dennis' friend ordered something off a picture menu which ended up being a hotdog, lettuce, tomato, garlicy mashed potatoes, all in a wrap of some sort. :crazy: I liked the kebab places, make sure to get some sauerkraut there.

The weather must be pretty similar to LA huh? teehehe When we were there for the SAAB Festival in 2007 it was near 100°F!
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

KPAero
Nickname: Pascal
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby KPAero » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:35 pm

Geoff wrote: a hotdog, lettuce, tomato, garlicy mashed potatoes, all in a wrap of some sort. :

That actually sounds really good.

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby DrewP » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:50 pm

Sounds kind of like a 'Chicago-hotdog'....

There are new 9-5's EVERYWHERE. One of our cabs was a 9-5 diesel with the 6-speed manual. Almost every older-gen 9-5 is a Combi wagon, as is almost every 9-3SS. It's some weird alternate universe where 60% of what's on the road are SAABs & Volvos.

This was hostel-style hotel we stayed at for 3 nights in Stockholm, it's in the vaulted basement of a circa 400-yr old building in Gamla Stan (Old Town)

The Vasa museum houses the preserved wreck of the wooden double-gun-deck battleship Vasa, which sank immediately after setting sail in Stockholm Harbor in 1621, which was extraordinarily preserved because the water in the harbor is salt water from the Baltic Sea mixed with fresh water run-off, so very little can live in the water to eat at the wood. It was located in the early 1950's, and raised in '54, ~330 years underwater.

This was absolutely amazing, and deserves some of your upcoming Google time this evening if you've never heard of it.

Wasn't quite 100*F... was about 3-5*C during the day in Stockholm, very nice, still some decent ice sheets but mostly broken up by now. Was very sunny the day we were out running around.

Haven't had any pølser (hot dogs) yet, but did have salt-cured reindeer and 'ripe' cheese sandwiches. Was kind of like prosciutto....

Got to climb out the back of the plane when we landed in Kiruna, was about -5*C.

About the same weather inside the Icehotel bar, -5*C, glasses made of ice of course (Nice winter project for Luke)

Isbjørn!!

"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff

Postby Geoff » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:32 pm

looks varm!

If you get the chance to go to Gothenburg you have to check out the Volvo Museum. If I didn't like SAABs so much I'd like the Volvo Museum better than the SAAB Museum.

Have you been to Biltemma yet? You can buy stuff like SAAB 96 e-brake cables right off the shelf. Its awesome.

Is that hostel the one that used to be a prison? I stayed in one in Stockholm that wasn't as nice :P
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:16 am

Awesome!

Return to “Photos and Video”