Okemo Video

Media related to saabs and/or rally
Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Okemo Video

Postby Jordan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:15 am

This was my second practice run on the hill. Still pretty cautious overall. The next run I did run a little faster, but 2/3 up I ran into my misfire issue where I was in and out of 3 cylinders. Still managed nearly an identical time as run two.

http://youtu.be/MWGS39Giyh4?hd=1

Photo of Pascal's 900 and I :yay:
DSC_0135.JPG

Luke
Site Admin

Re: Okemo Video

Postby Luke » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:29 pm

Awesome, looks like a fun hill.
Its a bummer about the mis-fire issue, but hey the car is in one piece, you got some runs in the tow setup worked well...

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:15 pm

everyone I ran into at the hill commented on the car and was very impressed.
I am the 73%

airsweden
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby airsweden » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:09 pm

I'm just glad that's a rear shot of the car so I don't have to see the nightmarish chrome bumper/airdam combo again.
99 problems but a SAAB ain't 1

KPAero
Nickname: Pascal
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby KPAero » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:45 pm

Theres a few more pictures here:
http://vermontracing.com/1/index.php?al ... 11_okemo_1

I also heard many people compliment Jordan's car, both for how it looked and how it ran up the hill. I wish I could have been more helpful with the mis-fire issue, but I was lost when it came to those Webbers and my spare parts were of no help either. Any thoughts on coming back for Okemo II?

I had a good time with my car. It did have some issues where it was backing the boost back Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. Ended up being a bad DI, which I was stupid to not try changing earlier. The problem only showed up during runs up the hill though, so I couldn't check repairs driving on the street. But I was able to get two good runs in Sunday afternoon and was able to edge out the Peugeot 505 by a second for first in S4. RA-1's felt good, I might try dropping tire pressures a bit if the weather is warm again at Okemo II. I set them at 33psi cold, after talking with a few people it sounds like that style tire might be happier with a few less pounds. Up until now I have not played with pressures much, but I would like to start trying to see what feels good. I have some video I will try and upload soon as well.

99Super
Number of Saabs currently owned: 13

Postby 99Super » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:37 pm

Funny thing was, it looked like you were getting into a better rhythm at about 2/3s way through and you looked faster.
Car looks great!

john

KPAero

Postby KPAero » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:39 pm

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:52 pm

airsweden wrote:I'm just glad that's a rear shot of the car so I don't have to see the nightmarish chrome bumper/airdam combo again.

Says the guy who ran a hyundia bumper cover as an airdam. :fuckyou:

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:16 am

Here is a the vid of the 3rd practice run where I had the issue. Looking at the videos side by side I was a good five seconds faster on the bottom of the hill, but it sounds like during the straight away I started to lose power...also missed second gear :silent: and lost my focus for a little bit and it felt like I was going to end up on the wrong side of the concrete bridge. By the end of the run it felt like the car was really struggling.

http://youtu.be/sIlMbZ1l_tc?hd=1

Mezzanine
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby Mezzanine » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:20 am

Jordan, that has to be one of the best sounding SAABs I have heard. Nice job up the hill too! :thumbsup:

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:25 am

Mezzanine wrote:Jordan, that has to be one of the best sounding SAABs I have heard. Nice job up the hill too! :thumbsup:

Thanks!

On the second video I lifted a little bit early at the bottom (about :40 in) because I looked down and the tach was buried below the "7" for a while... I might need get something a little more accurate as the stock gauge can't really keep up!

Mezzanine
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby Mezzanine » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:03 pm

I definitely noticed some looooonng wind-ups between shifts. Someone needs to figure out a homebrew way to superimpose speed and RPM over the in car footage, ala WRC. :luke:
What is your (hypothetical) redline?

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:25 pm

well if we used some of those spy cam things in conjunction with a road cam, that would work...or if you use the gopro like Luke and Pascal use, the angle is so wide you can see the whole dash + the road.

If I wanted to change out the lifter buckets on a regular basis the valve train would be good for 8500 rpms... I'm not sure about the bottom end.. its just stock and I haven't balance the rotating assembly or anything. Power-wise it never really falls flat up there- I just get nervous and shift. Usually before where I think 8k rpm lives.

Oh and about Okemo II.. I thought I was busy that weekend, but it turns out I'm not. So.... it's a possibility. It was a lot of fun and I'd love a chance to get a full event in to see what the car could do!

airsweden
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby airsweden » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:35 pm

So was there a speed trap at the end of the big straight? Any numbers for either of you? Last time I ran, I was clocked at a whopping 67.
99 problems but a SAAB ain't 1

KPAero

Postby KPAero » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:31 pm

There was, but only for the last couple runs on Sunday. I clocked in at 96 and 94 MPH.

Return to “Photos and Video”