- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Saab-900 ... 1e679369b8

Save it from the scrap man.
Less brake more gas!

Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Re: Goodbye to an old friend

Postby Jordan » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:58 am

That has his name written all over it 400k miles and red velour!

All for the price of (yet another) set of shelby's.

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:54 am

Yeah, talked to the guy yesterday, going to look at it this afternoon. Would be perfect if it works out as all the nice stuff from my 86 will be plug and play.

DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Postby DeLorean » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:58 am

Check the floors, connecting rails, jack points & control arm mounts and fender arches - but I don't have to tell you that. That sort of mileage / age C-900 from the north-east is going to have rust, just a matter of how much. If there is nothing critical and the trans still works, that's a killer deal.
Less brake more gas!

DrewP
Nickname: TANK
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby DrewP » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:16 am

Wow, nice color combo, trunk liner, mudflaps, Shelby's, it's all there. It almost looks like it's got the later speedometer installed too?
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:33 pm

DrewP wrote:Wow, nice color combo, trunk liner, mudflaps, Shelby's, it's all there. It almost looks like it's got the later speedometer installed too?

Overall '86 is my favorite year for a C900: A few reasons why
-Last year of a "flat nose"
-Fit and finish seem very good overall
-Wiring better than '85
-Turbos got sway bars and vented brakes
-Seem more rust resistant than any other year besides '92.
-No passive belts, air bags, abs or other crap that larded up the later cars.
-No ugly dome light in headliner.
-The velour seats have a pattern like the leather seats are more more attractive than the later ribbed seats (IMO)

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:51 am

DeLorean wrote:Luke, if you don't get this one, I probably will

- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Saab-900 ... 1e679369b8

Save it from the scrap man.

Well, even though I had talked to him about an hour after he posted the car and made plans for a general time to go and look at it and started driving to NJ after work yesterday, I couldnt get a hold of the guy again to let him know the exact time and get his fulll address, I sent him another email and left a couple voicemails but he never called me back so I turned around and started driving back.... oh well.

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby SwedeSport » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:08 pm

I know how you feel,

I have been shopping for a trailer for better than a month. I have called and emailed over 100 people about their ads. I have received maybe 4-5 responses. Even from trailer dealers. WTF! In a piss poor economy I'm clutching CASH, Trying to make it burn a hole in my pocket and nobody wants to call me back.

I want to place a wanted ad on Craigslist.

Wanted;
Someone who will actually respond to an ad they placed, and act like they actually give a shit about selling their item.

I have gotten to a point where I start out with. I'm sorry to bother you about the ad you placed, but I would like to speak to you about the trailer you have for sale...

I was guessing they would be more proactive about selling their "whatever" if they actually had to pay to put it up for sale. But I guess Luke just blew that theory!
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

DeLorean

Postby DeLorean » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:04 pm

That sort of thing endlessly annoys me. I'm looking to buy a GMC motorhome off the CL. I call, talk to the guy extensively. He tells me it is at his mechanic, and he needs to call him first to set up a time I can come see it, but he will "call me right back" An hour goes by, I call him. "Oh, I'm on my lunch break now, I will call him as soon as I get off the phone with you" Several hours go by, and nope, no call. I call him again today. No response. I leave a voice mail. Several hours go by, I call again, no response (it's his cell!) leave another message. No response. another hour, I text him.

So he just does not want to sell it then? Why is it posted (and still posted!) on the craigslist? He could just tell me :actually, no I made a mistake, I don't actually want to sell it, I just posted it up for sale, but don't want to deal with what it takes to actually sell it. fucking ass hole.

Anyway, thanks for telling me that the guy with this 86 operates the same way. I won't be buying this either, it's not worth a few hours of my time if it isn't worth a few seconds of his time. Fuck em.
Less brake more gas!

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Geoff » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:47 pm

I think you should just get this: http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/2627506856.html

It has fresh "stealth" paint that you wouldn't feel bad about messing up. Plus the cops would never see ya bro, 'cuz it's STEALTH!

Then there's this grateful 5dr which comes with some "bangn bootlegs" http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/2648185286.html
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

DeLorean

Postby DeLorean » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:18 pm

Both those cars look icky, and too much money... and that 79 won't have any power, even when running it's absolute best... plus those sideways water pump cars break down.
Less brake more gas!

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:14 pm

Geoff wrote:I think you should just get this: http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/2627506856.html

It has fresh "stealth" paint that you wouldn't feel bad about messing up. Plus the cops would never see ya bro, 'cuz it's STEALTH!

Then there's this grateful 5dr which comes with some "bangn bootlegs" http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/2648185286.html

I like both of those! I prob don't have the heart to drive a remaining 5 door year round though. If the paint on the SPG is decent quality, the color combo dosent really bother me or look too weird... but hard to tell from the pics, the interior looks nice. That seems like a fair price.

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:20 pm

DeLorean wrote:Both those cars look icky, and too much money... and that 79 won't have any power, even when running it's absolute best... plus those sideways water pump cars break down.

I don't know, I've been driving my '79 a lot since I lost the '86 and I don't think its that slow at all. 79's didnt have a cat and had the nice 2 piece exhaust manifold. A B motor 8V is a very different animal than a H motor 8V, I think most people that have owned both would agree that for some reason the B motors are just much peppier.

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Postby SwedeSport » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:46 pm

For some reason i remember seeing that spg somewhere..Saabnet maybe?
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

DeLorean

Postby DeLorean » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:00 am

Luke wrote:
DeLorean wrote:I don't know, I've been driving my '79 a lot since I lost the '86 and I don't think its that slow at all. 79's didnt have a cat and had the nice 2 piece exhaust manifold. A B motor 8V is a very different animal than a H motor 8V, I think most people that have owned both would agree that for some reason the B motors are just much peppier.

For it's time, maybe they are "not that slow" but compared to any modern car, minivan, truck, lets even say full size van, they are pretty darn slow. My DeLorean is fun to drive, handles well, and "feel quick" - but I have no delusions about it being fast. I will say this though... It would easily out run any stock non turbo 900... but if I came across any minivan made in the past 10 years that wanted to get in front of me before it's 109 MPH speed limiter kicked in, the van would probably be in front :lol:
Less brake more gas!

Return to “Photos and Video”