Stuff I bought out of some man's basement.

Media related to saabs and/or rally
tweek's Turbos
Number of Saabs currently owned: 3

Stuff I bought out of some man's basement.

Postby tweek's Turbos » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:11 pm

Posted a little about this on TSL, but couldn't log on here. So here you guys go.

The man had a medium sized house with a huge hidden underground garage. Said he used to "buy out porsche shops"

The 2 on the upper left are print articles from the late 70s on the new turbo cars.

The bottom 2 I think are the "screenplays" they are sales help but based on a skit where 1 person plays the dealer and another plays the buyer. This is silly fun when drinking. "My nieghbor had one of those saabs, had to always mix oil in it".

Misc parts some nos like the badge, accel enrichment device and some fresh lock sets.

Rate quoting books. ect.

I was reading the upper right hand book the other night. It has a diagram to visually explain how to depress the acellerator for boost pressure testing. I LOLed.

If anybody wants any more details or scans I can provide.

nutcase
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Re: Stuff I bought out of some man's basement.

Postby nutcase » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:02 pm

Good find :thumbsup:

I know exactly the picture you mean :yay:

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Re: Stuff I bought out of some man's basement.

Postby Geoff » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:47 pm

Its always fun to happen upon some fun old stuff like that. Good score! My neighbor (well not really, they use the house next door as a vacation home) once dropped off "Some old SAAB books" his father had. It included stuff like aftermarket parts suppliers catalogs from the early '80s, letters from Pat Lawrence at MSS, and a workshop manual for a SAAB 93.

So what kind of stuff is in the "Accents" catalog? Looks like the Sport&Rally catalog circa 1982?
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

Return to “Photos and Video”