It could be worse

Media related to saabs and/or rally
RadioFlyer
Nickname: RadioFlyer
Number of Saabs currently owned: 7

It could be worse

Postby RadioFlyer » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:22 pm

I keep coming across pics of Saabs in bad shape. Real bad shape. I've found that looking through these pics is a real pickmeup when I'm feeling like my Saab is in bad shape. Post if you have related pics.

Apparently this one was used in a movie stunt. The scene shows a guy walking to his NG900, and when it explodes, it's a c900! They must have swapped in the c900 for the explosion. Should have just blown up the NG.

Found this one today in an earthquake preparedness brochure.

DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Re: It could be worse

Postby DeLorean » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:17 pm

The first one is a really artsy photo.... Oh, how I bet Sixten Sason is rolling in his grave...
Less brake more gas!

RadioFlyer

Postby RadioFlyer » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:36 pm

I really like that pic. I can't remember where I found it, but it was a site with tons of Saabs overgrown in jungles and forests.

RadioFlyer

Postby RadioFlyer » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:15 pm

Found it. It's a Flickr group that has like 700 pics of Saab junk yards. Here's the link: http://www.flickr.com/groups/932724@N20/pool/

Here are some of my faves. I like the artsy stuff.

RadioFlyer

Postby RadioFlyer » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:16 pm

The last one I thought was really appropriote for the the original thread post. Notice how the monster truck has no problem crushing the other cars. But apart from the hatch, that 900 roof just doesn't cave!

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Geoff » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:12 pm

Nice, not only are SAABs moose-proof they're also monster truck-proof too!
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Postby DeLorean » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:52 pm

They are not however car crusher proof. I once watched a C-900 going in (just after a K-car), and although it slowed for a moment, and the engine had to throttle up, and it did crush.

The K-car before, crushed with no increase in throttle what so ever. It also flattened more.
Less brake more gas!

RadioFlyer

Postby RadioFlyer » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:09 pm

Anyone ever seen the Top Gear Saab episode that came out in December or January? They dropped a BMW upside down from 8ft, then dropped a c900 5-door. The BMW crushed right down to the window bases while the c900 could still open all of its doors! That even seemed to lighten my wife to driving a Saab after that. Didn't last long though.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/a-trib ... gory=Tests

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Geoff » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:01 am

This picture belongs here
I like how it looks like four nice C900s are watching with disapproval as Mongo slices up a 99.

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:22 am

I thought that car didn't look so bad.

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew

Postby Geoff » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:40 am

Jordan wrote:I thought that car didn't look so bad.

Does now. ;)

tweek's Turbos
Number of Saabs currently owned: 3

Postby tweek's Turbos » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:49 pm

This, I wanna say is on Rt20 a little south of Utica.

RadioFlyer

Postby RadioFlyer » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:06 pm

Always liked this page on TSN. It's hard to find, but under FAQs, it's called "Saabs Save Lives". All stories (mostly c900) of crashes - obviously these are the ones told by the survivors. Everyone who posted lived with minor injuries. Here are a couple that looked particularly interesting:

http://www.saabnet.com/tsn/ssl/

I was rear ended by a tractor trailer which in turn pushed me out of my lane into on coming traffic. The car from the opposite lane was going 70 and I must have been doing 40 or so after the collision. It was a massive collision. Most of the force of the impact was on my front side and due to the laws of physics, ballistics & collision, my car redirected the force by spinning around 180 degrees coming to rest facing the opposite direction of collision. This along with SAAB engineering is why I am alive and walking. That is twice these cars have saved my family from excessive harm. I was in the hospital for a week, in a wheel chair for 4 months and crutches for 4 months. I have quite a few extraneous surgical grade bolts in right foot to hold it together and a few scars, above my left eye (broke my drivers window), and 12 stitches under my chin(broke my steering wheel). The other cars (Del Sol) occupant did not make it and the truck driver after a week or so disappeared into thin air.

Friday night after a 90 hour work week and half way through my hour drive home..it happened...BANG...that's all I heard, when I came to, I saw a tree about 3 inches from my face, and I was on my side, the seat belt was holding me in and I tried to reach for my cell phone, had to call some one, call my wife, call anybody....all the phone said was "no service", stupid phone...After fighting my way out of the car and walking up the bank onto the street...it hit me...Oh my god...my car...It was a country back road so I was alone... I started to walk down the street, maybe if I walked I could get this cell phone to get a signal. I was shaken up, about 20 feet down the road I decided to sit for awhile and keep trying the phone.

During this time I didn't see the car stop and the driver get out, he went down to my Saab and was yelling...Is everyone all right!? Anyone hurt!? I didn't answer, I was to busy trying that stupid phone. Then I heard another car and another, I heard... look for a body... there has to be a body somewhere...they had to get thrown from the car! No one could of lived through that.....Look for bodies!

I walked back towards the car, before anyone could fall into that bank and get hurt, still shaking up a bit I said "I'm your body", I'm the driver....He asked was there anyone else? no I said I'm it.... After about 20 minutes the police, fire department and an ambulance showed up...The fire department cut her positive cable, the Medic had me sit in the ambulance and looked me over, he said, if he didn't know any better he would of never guessed I was driving that car, he said I should be dead....my answer...it's a Saab...maybe not the most intelligent answer, but it was true... Finally the police...He asked were you drinking? some one hit you? what happened? I fell asleep, I fell asleep and wrecked my Saab, my baby, my dream car.....Unsafe movement to the right, a warning....He took me home.

Still think about that night once in awhile...that car saved my life....I hope if it ever happens again that my 9000 will do the same for me, I won't be driving anything else, I've been sold for life.

This one only says: As reported in the Bangor Daily News, the woman in this crash suffered no major injuries.

RadioFlyer

Postby RadioFlyer » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:13 pm

saabfan9
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby saabfan9 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:41 pm

this post is making me sad ..but like any other train wreck i can't help myself..Image Image Image Image

Return to “Photos and Video”