Postby DrewP » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:01 pm

:-O :-O :-O

Holy shit....
"You can educate ignorance, but you can't fix stupid."

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Re: It could be worse

Postby SwedeSport » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:03 pm

That Bumblebee looks like it was mint before it was hit.

Even with that level of manglement, I'll bet there is still a bunch of useable parts left on it.

Rear SPG bumper extensions are rare for CV cars. The back bumper looks clean. The taillights look perfect. Fender arch extensions. Wheels. Trunk emblem. And I can barely see under the hood to what looks to be a really clean battery hold down/insulation plate.
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

RadioFlyer
Nickname: RadioFlyer
Number of Saabs currently owned: 7

Postby RadioFlyer » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:05 pm

I like your attitude, Jason. I was eying all of those same parts! A set of those rear extensions went for $350 last week from an ad on saabnet.

RadioFlyer

Postby RadioFlyer » Tue May 21, 2013 3:57 pm

DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Postby DeLorean » Tue May 21, 2013 6:26 pm

I saw a convertible with VERY similar damage at the Pennsburg junk yard a few years back, driver side as well. It's hard to say exactly just what happened, speeds, angles, what dort of car hit it, etc, but this one I saw had some pieces of an F150 inside the car. "total structural collapse" is the word I'd use. Getting hit in any car at a good speed in a side impact is bad, a C-900 convert seems to be even worse.

Don't trust green lights at high speed intersections, always look out for people running them, it could be a matter of life and death. I was nearly T-boned in the Geo metro about 3 weeks ago by a Nissan hardbody who was out to lunch. Only reason I wasn't is because I was too, and sat at the green light, not paying attention for an extra 3 seconds. You don't want to get T-boned in a Geo metro by a truck that out-weighs it by tipple.
Less brake more gas!

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Tue May 21, 2013 10:15 pm

You just plain don't want to get t boned in a geo metro
I am the 73%

Edward
Number of Saabs currently owned: 20

Postby Edward » Wed May 22, 2013 2:27 am

[quote="RadioFlyer"]This one made me almost puke when I first found it-though I can't deny a strange fascination drawing me to keep looking. Can't imagine anyone living through it. Or wanting to knowing what just happened to their '91 Monte Carlo Yellow SE. Still, I had to tell myself that it must have just been left in neutral and rolled off a building or something.

Image[/quote

Yikes :-O That must have been from at least a decade ago. Those license plates were last issued around 2000 and were phased out roughly mid decade. Still can't help but wonder about the poor soul/ souls that took it on its last ride.

There used to be a yellow SE owned by some here in San Antonio who was stationed at Lackland AFB around 02. I later saw another outside Ft. Worth about 3 years ago parked in front of a warehouse.

RadioFlyer

Postby RadioFlyer » Wed May 22, 2013 3:52 pm

I wonder if that one got hit by a train.... Looks like the top was down and the radio was on when it got hit. Where is that license plate from? Also has a dealership emblem to the left of the plate.

I have spotted very few MCYs. The one I own now was only the second that i have seen in person (it came up on a local classified). The first was in Boston. Incredible shape. Like 50k miles. I waited in the parking lot until the owner came out. It was a little old lady and she said her husband owned the car but now he was too sick and blind to drive it, so she took it out to get groceries every once in a while. She wouldn't talk about selling it.

Jon1
Number of Saabs currently owned: 30

MCYs

Postby Jon1 » Wed May 22, 2013 5:45 pm

Jon
jon1
with many classic 900 turbos

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Geoff » Thu May 23, 2013 6:28 am

There used to be a C900 convertible in a junkyard in MA I used to go to with similar damage. It looked like it hit a tree right at the lead edge of the driver's door. The driver's seat back remained relatively in place but the seat bottom was squished into non-existence. The inside panel of the driver's door was contacting the passenger's seat. The whole car was bent about 15 or 20 degrees. yuck.
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

Edward
Number of Saabs currently owned: 20

Postby Edward » Fri May 24, 2013 2:42 am

RadioFlyer wrote:I wonder if that one got hit by a train.... Looks like the top was down and the radio was on when it got hit. Where is that license plate from? Also has a dealership emblem to the left of the plate.

I have spotted very few MCYs. The one I own now was only the second that i have seen in person (it came up on a local classified). The first was in Boston. Incredible shape. Like 50k miles. I waited in the parking lot until the owner came out. It was a little old lady and she said her husband owned the car but now he was too sick and blind to drive it, so she took it out to get groceries every once in a while. She wouldn't talk about selling it.

That would be a Texas license plate with a Dallas dealer emblem. Very depressing :-(

RadioFlyer

Postby RadioFlyer » Fri May 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Jon, you NEED to post more pics of that MCY gathering. And let me know when and where to meet for the next one!

Jon1
Number of Saabs currently owned: 30

Postby Jon1 » Fri May 24, 2013 7:55 pm

http://www.nysocphotos.com/Other-Saab-Events/Saab-Owners-Conventions/Saab-Owners-Convention-2011/18649727_vsJSGJ#!i=1441588260&k=jzNMdTv

From the 2011 SAAB Owners Convention in Parsippany NJ

The next SOC is in Albany, NY...see you there.....
Jon

jon1

with many classic 900 turbos

RadioFlyer

Postby RadioFlyer » Sat May 25, 2013 12:25 am

Oh.... My gosh.

RadioFlyer