Sad Sonett.

Media related to saabs and/or rally
Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Re: Sad Sonett.

Postby Geoff » Mon May 13, 2013 2:20 pm

I once found a '78 99 EMS with ~50k miles on it in a junkyard. The only problem I could find with it was that there was another car on it's roof.

Then there were my dad's Volvo 122s which he had stored in a field. When he went to get rid of them he hooked a tractor up to them and pulled them out. One of the cars separated at the firewall. He dragged the back half of the car out but what was left behind looked like the front end of a Volvo had exploded.
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

RadioFlyer
Nickname: RadioFlyer
Number of Saabs currently owned: 7

Postby RadioFlyer » Mon May 13, 2013 3:19 pm

Ha. The dad of an old friend of mine in Vermont got me into Saabs. He had a field full of them as well. More like a jungle in the summers. The weeds would grow up about 10' high and the Saabs would disappear. Once we went down to grab a set of rims off a 9000 in the jungle and he brought the John Deer with the forks to lift it up. Another friend was the former owner of the 9000 that we were ripping apart, so I decided to take pics to send him as the friend skewered it with the Deer. Once finished, he lined up the tractor to roll the 9000 back into the jungle and said to my video camera "Watch This!!" as he gunned the throttle. Apparently he didn't realize that he was still in reverse, and I watched his tractor fly off a 15' bank and land on its back in a stream! Two things saved my friend - first, there was a backhoe on the tail of the Deer, and second, there was a large rock in the middle of the stream that the backhoe caught up on, making it impossible to flip upside down. Oh and third, he just happened to have a bulldozer in the barn that could pull out the John Deer. I love Vermonters.

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Mon May 13, 2013 3:59 pm

RadioFlyer wrote:Ha. The dad of an old friend of mine in Vermont got me into Saabs. He had a field full of them as well. More like a jungle in the summers. The weeds would grow up about 10' high and the Saabs would disappear. Once we went down to grab a set of rims off a 9000 in the jungle and he brought the John Deer with the forks to lift it up. Another friend was the former owner of the 9000 that we were ripping apart, so I decided to take pics to send him as the friend skewered it with the Deer. Once finished, he lined up the tractor to roll the 9000 back into the jungle and said to my video camera "Watch This!!" as he gunned the throttle. Apparently he didn't realize that he was still in reverse, and I watched his tractor fly off a 15' bank and land on its back in a stream! Two things saved my friend - first, there was a backhoe on the tail of the Deer, and second, there was a large rock in the middle of the stream that the backhoe caught up on, making it impossible to flip upside down. Oh and third, he just happened to have a bulldozer in the barn that could pull out the John Deer. I love Vermonters.

who/where was this in Vermont?
I am the 73%

RadioFlyer

Postby RadioFlyer » Tue May 14, 2013 3:24 pm

Frank Perron in Pomfret (near South Royalton). Not sure if his wife made him scrap them all - I haven't been back there in about 3 years. Last time we spoke, he was going to have someone sell off the usable parts for him and scrap the shells. All of his 10 or so c900s were 86 and earlier, and a bunch of 9000s in there as well.

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Tue May 14, 2013 3:37 pm

RadioFlyer wrote:Frank Perron in Pomfret (near South Royalton). Not sure if his wife made him scrap them all - I haven't been back there in about 3 years. Last time we spoke, he was going to have someone sell off the usable parts for him and scrap the shells. All of his 10 or so c900s were 86 and earlier, and a bunch of 9000s in there as well.

I want nothing to do with another field of Saabs. I cannot think of where these might have been.
I am the 73%

RadioFlyer

Postby RadioFlyer » Tue May 14, 2013 3:58 pm

Last field of Saabs that I visited was in Ramona, CA. 40 c900s, 3 99s, 2 96s and 2 95s - all mostly rust free. It was like Saab Disneyland.

Return to “Photos and Video”