This saab was built to last

Media related to saabs and/or rally
sjones

This saab was built to last

Postby sjones » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:17 pm

Sorry if this has been posted already (looked, but didn't see it here).

http://youtu.be/ptU8SM6hqSc

DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Re: This saab was built to last

Postby DeLorean » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:00 am

Yeeeeeeaah, I saw that video. Good intentions, I know, however I had to ask a couple questions...

#1 - WHAT is going in with that turbo flutter? That thing sounds like it is busted in some way, and they seem to exemplify that sound throughout the video.
#2 Why do they never drive the car fast, or show it doing something other then just going down the road at normal speeds?
#3 Well... he mentioned he wanted to know what it was like to drive a NEW one? hmm... well....... a previously rusty cobbled together one with glossy painted SPG panels that seems to not be running right, well. that isn't it.

Am I being too harsh?
Less brake more gas!

Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Jordan » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:51 am

That video annoyed me too. They certainly could have picked a more "classic" example. No offense to the owner, but if I wanted to give people an intro/awareness to the car, I'd pick one that wasn't modified to their individual liking.

Sam
Nickname: sambone
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby Sam » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:25 pm

I had really high expectations because i'm a big petrolicious fan and I actually just bought an identical black '89 spg. A couple things bothered me - and it may just be me being too opinionated.

I agree with jordan. The painted spg kits looks weird. To me, the grey cladding is what identifies it as an spg. I think this car just does not look right without the original spg wheels.
There is no such thing as too low or too stiff.

sjones

Postby sjones » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:37 am

There looks to be a solicit for saab stories at the end of the video. If the video bothers you, send them a message.

Return to “Photos and Video”