Paradise in Oregon

Media related to saabs and/or rally
johnshan
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Paradise in Oregon

Postby johnshan » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:59 am

Took some pictures while buying parts today. Oregon is the place to own a Saab! This is Rod Beckner's recking yard, he provides parts and service for saabs new and old.
IMG_0879.JPG

IMG_0882.JPG

IMG_0875.JPG

IMG_0878.JPG

IMG_0881.JPG

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0874.JPG

gmreider
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Re: Paradise in Oregon

Postby gmreider » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:38 am

That is an impressive collection. Wish I could get away with keeping that much stuff around in Penna. We have too many regulations where I live about " un-licensed vehicles". I'd like to know where Rod is located. Might be worth a vacation trip?

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Geoff » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:35 am

Yeah, what town is that? I have family in Corvallis and end up out there every few years. I came across a yard full of SAABs out there about 10-15 years ago but was with family so I couldn't ask everyone to stop while I spent half a day in a junkyard ;)

Gary,
My dad told me a story about a crazy old man he once knew. He lived on a corner and was concerned that a car would go off the road and hit his house. So he bought a bunch of old cars and parked them on his lawn at the edge of the road to act as a barrier. The town came to him and told him he was only allowed to have 2 unregistered vehicles on his property and that he had a month to get rid of the extra cars. A month later they came back when he hadn't removed any of the cars. The old man went into the house and came out with a registration for each of the cars. Problem solved.
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

squaab99t
Number of Saabs currently owned: 4

Postby squaab99t » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:47 am

I have been to that yard. An after Saab club get together bbq. Got some every interesting cars. He is around the Salem area. Last I heard a lot of them went to the the big smelter in the sky because recycled metal prices were high.
Another link to some pictures: http://www.oregonphotos.com/Saab%20Ethi ... nchor29055

johnshan
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby johnshan » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:41 am

I live in corvallis, rod's shop and junkyard is about 20 min north in Jefferson. If anyone is interested in getting in contact I believe his info is on the link squaab99t posted. I don't doubt he scrapped a bunch of cars. from what I've seen the few times I've gone, it seems like he has a pretty good flux of cars in and out.

RadioFlyer
Nickname: RadioFlyer
Number of Saabs currently owned: 7

Postby RadioFlyer » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:27 pm

How did I miss that place? Awesome!

SalemSaab
Nickname: CapitolSAAB
Number of Saabs currently owned: 1

Postby SalemSaab » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:20 pm

That's Rod Beckner and John Collins .. John lives next door and owns/services the 95s/96s/99s, and the occasionl 900.
They used to be in Corvallis but their shop burned down or something.
Now they're in Jefferson .. I'm 15 miles away. Without John I couldnt keep my 99 on the road
CapitolSAAB - your source in the PNW for SAAB parts & accessories

Return to “Photos and Video”