Some PHA photos from the last events

Media related to saabs and/or rally
gmreider
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Some PHA photos from the last events

Postby gmreider » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:57 pm

Here are some never seen before photos from our last PHA events . Jeff lifts a wheel @ Fall Summit Point Track Trials.
jeff_lifts_a_wheel.jpg

Gary and the Red Notch in the rain
Gary in Rain.jpg

Jason in the rain @ Fall Weatherly. Photo credit to Mike Vanino.
Jason in rain.jpg

Paul's car moving under it's own power, before disaster struck.
Weatherlyfall 019.JPG

It rained all day Saturday and a bunch of cars did not run ( Fair weather cars??) The SAABS did great, by some miracle the red notch was 2nd fastest car all day in the rain. Beaten only by a full blown Subaru WRX racer all wheel drive. Jeff , Paul, Jason & Erica were not far behind.
Our merry band of SAAB MAAB members after it was all over @ Weatherly Hill Climb.
Jeff will take 2nd place for the year in SMF class. Gary will get 3rd in class for the year. Next year we hope to do even better or at least spend more money trying !! :yay:

Paul and Jason both had car troubles and did not run on Sunday. Erica ran the red notch for 2 runs Sunday afternoon and did great. dropped her time on the second run by over 4 seconds and never drove the car before. Holly ( the cute dog mascot) got to ride in Paul's SAAB in the parade before the event.

I think we all had a great time even though we brought home 2 broken cars. The 2 unbroken cars drove home on there own wheels, true Street Modified Front wheel drive cars. ;) ;)
Attachments
Weatherlyfall 051.JPG

SwedeSport
Number of Saabs currently owned: 5

Re: Some PHA photos from the last events

Postby SwedeSport » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:34 pm

Yep... I shattered one of the MSS hardened lifters, and it took out the cam cradle, and marred the cam up a little. I think I should be able to replace the cradle, and lifter. Hoping to dress the cam with some fine emery cloth.

I did get to drive Gary's red 900 race car home. Man that thing is fast!
Swedesport Motors, Apparel and Accessories for SAAB Junkies.
Http://Facebook.com/swedesportmotors
Swedesportmotors@gmail.com

DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Postby DeLorean » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:10 pm

It was a good day for sure! I know I will be looking forward to next years races. A lot of those records in SMF feel like they can be gotten. Also, a 1st place finish would be nice too :)
Less brake more gas!

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff

Postby Geoff » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:35 pm

Looks like you guys have a good thing going down there in PA. I'm glad to see you're out there playing with your cars!

Did TurboDog appreciate the ride?
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Postby DeLorean » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:40 pm

I think she probably enjoyed it, what normal dog does not like a car ride?

Wheel off the ground seems to be how 900's do with race tires. Some of the course workers said I was close to 2 feet off the ground, not just the rear at the Giants despair hill climb. I did have a couple "moments" where I thought she was going over! Kept it greasy side down though the whole race season. Those Hondas with all the records!!! gotta to knock a few of them off next season. I really want to see a Saab with at least 1 or 2 records in SMF next year.

Also, I got to say, Gary with the 2nd place, overall in the rain (beating his previous best time in the DRY I believe) was pretty impressive. He must have been hauling out there, I was pretty slow in the rain (granted, I was running Hoosier A6's) - it was really coming down, if it were "Top Gear", his run would have been "Very wet" - We got to give him credit there! I don't think I would have pushed as hard as he was with the amount of running & standing water out there, Also, this says something for how well the R888's work in the wet.
Less brake more gas!

gmreider

Postby gmreider » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:58 am

The results just were downloaded online from Nelson. About the speed in the rain, The radar times into turn one tell it all. I had several runs into turn1 @ 67 mph while Paul was the only one to crack 60mph. Maybe 'Red" and I were on a mission? I never felt too much out of control. The Subaru however was running 70 to 78 mph into turn 1. The list says 29 cars were crazy enough to run in the rain. Total entries for the event were 85 cars.
Jeff, if we do that rain thing again, remind me that I have 2 sets of those tires on wheels , I could have shared with you.

gmreider

Postby gmreider » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:34 am

just got this photo. The credit goes to MIKE VANINO.
It is Erica just going over the jump in "RED". Notice she has one wheel just off the ground! That girl is not afraid to drive !!! :thumbsup:
Attachments
erica in air.jpg

Return to “Photos and Video”