This guy has all the goods

Media related to saabs and/or rally
saab99emsrallye

hi

Postby saab99emsrallye » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:20 pm

hello niklas
the 8v was dean rainsfords old car?? it was out for sale some years ago
dean shall have one 16 v car left and the car stig drove castrol rally
with was shipping back from aussie,,that engine is on the museum now..
should be great to hear whats you have been informed about these cars

hallo geoff

ok thats a good way to separate the works car
how can i put in pictures here??
HXE 404 is the swedish licence plate you see it in the picture in the tread
silver works car.. now the car is white in a terrible shape but next year i will started to restore it , i search for "Klippan seatbelts to it " everything else i have found..new seats in germany
if someone in this forum living near teh state missisippi
im talked to the person that own the jean-paul perausse turbo black/blue and yellow , he had visit mr fitzgerald that baught the swedish sport & rally parts for saab 99...he told me that a body was standing there near the fitzgeralds house ,,and some parts of it was in aluminium , i would be very happy if someone could take picture or maby had picture of that body ,,,i talk to a person that work near the competition department and he told that the did a light weight body with help of german rollcage company Matter,.,,have you heard something of that ??
all the best Ã…ke

airsweden
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Postby airsweden » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:17 pm

Who is Mr Fitzgerald and where In MS? I was on the gulf coast a few weeks ago and may be back soon. Isn't the Black/Blue/Yellow works 99 at Swedish Motors in PA thought to be the Jean-Paul Perausse car.

saab99emsrallye

Postby saab99emsrallye » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:57 pm

yes that is the car..i talked to the ovner of sweden motor and he know who mr Fitzgerald was , he is dead now , but the mother and the son is living , maby he could help us to locate the Fitzgerald family and take some photos of that 99 body , the owner of sweden motor own ola strömbergs former group A car to licence plate in sweden AAT 662 , the car was crashed and rolled but in a good orginal shape,,
all the best Ã…ke

Luke
Site Admin

Re: hi

Postby Luke » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:52 pm

saab99emsrallye wrote:if someone in this forum living near teh state missisippi
im talked to the person that own the jean-paul perausse turbo black/blue and yellow , he had visit mr fitzgerald that baught the swedish sport & rally parts for saab 99...he told me that a body was standing there near the fitzgeralds house ,,and some parts of it was in aluminium , i would be very happy if someone could take picture or maby had picture of that body ,,,i talk to a person that work near the competition department and he told that the did a light weight body with help of german rollcage company Matter,.,,have you heard something of that ??
all the best Ã…ke

I believe the car in question may be the white car the sandy has now... I was told 2nd hand by a friend of sandy's that it was originally built as a light weight hillclimb car but it was later converted to a rally car. I have some original minilite wheels from one of Ola's cars, they are carved out for the large turbo brakes inside. I think Josh got some information when he was over at Sandy's recently?

saab_99_rallye

Postby saab_99_rallye » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:33 am

This goes bit off the record, but here is a link of our ex-works Finnish Saab Scania rally team 99 EMS rally car, one of two car they made other one is in the museum in Finland. Car was originally 16 v, but after team stopped rallying 1977 they sold both cars and then cars were converted 8 v ems. The other car was made turbo after 8 v. We are making restoration for a car and making it driveable for historic rally events in Finland. Car is almost ready, original white and blue painting is supposed to be there soon.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/Saab_99_rallye/

nkro

Info from steve

Postby nkro » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:18 am

The factory car LHD rego ACZ 701 wemt back to Sverige in late 78 or 79
I along with my father were on the service crew for both the 77 southern cross rally in NSW and the 78 Castrol rally in Canberra, my Father was the the team manager on both occasions
ACZ 701 being for Stig with 16valve engine all parts and car were bonded from customs so they made sure that ALL parts and equipment was returned to Sverige for the return of bond monies sadly.
The other vehicle that ran along with Stig was an 8 valve factory built vehicle for Dean Rainsford, This car i now own
The second car which i run i built myself from s&r parts and rectifying known problem areas... apart from weight.which is still to heavy
Regards Steve

saab99emsrallye

hi again

Postby saab99emsrallye » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:20 am

the body i talking about is a emtpy bodyshell standing outside the fitzgeralds property , someone have bought almost every parts of him but left the bodyshell , it should be standing outside in a farming ground ,
if someone could take pictures of that it would be nice..because all aluminiumparts riveting in it
the car sandy has is an ex ola group a car , ola drove both rally and hill climp races with it

all the best Ã…ke

saab99emsrallye

hi

Postby saab99emsrallye » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:25 am

hallo niklas
sounds great to here that story..
that explains why ACZ 701 dissepear after swedish rally 77
and pops up again in a new colour Black/orange/white in 1980
thinking of the picture in the thread rally 99 on saabkliubbens forum
nice story ...
have you got the pakage niklas ??
all the best Ã…ke

airsweden

Postby airsweden » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:14 am

Sandy's white car has alum forward bars and cross brace comming off of the rollcage between the spring tower and a-pillar. They were made by Matter, I wonder were his alum hood and trunk lid came from? So is the Fitzgerald car supposed to be in PA or MS?

Josh

nkro

Alu hood

Postby nkro » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:58 am

Alu parts on a Grp A car was against the rules.
They used It here in Sweden if they could !

Niklas

Geoff
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Geoff
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Postby Geoff » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:58 am

saab99emsrallye wrote:
how can i put in pictures here??

If you want to put a picture in your post you can press the "Img" button up top, then insert the URL for the picture and then press the "Img" button again. It will look something like this (without the spaces):
Image and then the picture will show up in the post. You can check what it will look like before finishing the post by hitting the "preview" button.

The only thing I know about aluminum parts is that there were some hoods and maybe trunks that were made and there is a white 900 in the SAAB Museum with an aluminum roll cage. I wouldn't use one!

One of our forum members (RallyHo) was down south a while ago (maybe 10 years ago?) and found a repair shop that specialized in SAABs. It turned out to be Dick Fitzgerald's son that owns the shop, maybe we can find his contact information or the name of his shop and he can tell you more.
The kind of dirty that doesn't wash off :eyebrows:

Luke
Site Admin

Postby Luke » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:27 am

saab99emsrallye wrote:HXE 404 is the swedish licence plate you see it in the picture in the tread
silver works car.. now the car is white in a terrible shape but next year i will started to restore it , i search for "Klippan seatbelts to it " everything else i have found..new seats in germany

Very excited to see your restoration of this car. I have to look but I bought this old rally car and I think it may have come with some really old klippan belts in the trunk, They were skinny, like 1.75" wide or so. I may have thrown them out because they were in really bad shape, I imagine you are looking for ones in really nice shape.

airsweden

Postby airsweden » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:27 am

So maybe there's still a boned out shell sitting out back behind the shop in LA that Mike and company stumbled on back in the 1900's.

saab99emsrallye

hi

Postby saab99emsrallye » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:41 pm

hi Luke
yes there is about that size in width , the are blue with central lockings
i have a freind that work att a company that build new safetybelts
so if the metal parts ok its ok for me , look at the thread 99 rally at swedish saabklubben i took a photo of one klippan , i shall have one more of that model

the Fitzgeralds are living in the state of missisippi
thats all i know
all the best Ã…ke

saab99emsrallye

a question

Postby saab99emsrallye » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:08 pm

have some of you in this forum connection to buy vintage cars in us ?
i have a second 16 valve b-engine head and maby for sale
i have a dream that i will own an early porsche 356 car ,
i can be a good restoring object ..my dreamcar is a speedster but an early coupe is nice to...i have did lay out this question in swedish adds to
why dont try in us too..
maby we can do some changing if someone is interested
all the best Ã…ke

Return to “Photos and Video”