Raul is off roading SPG

Media related to saabs and/or rally
Raul
Number of Saabs currently owned: 0

Raul is off roading SPG

Postby Raul » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:27 am

Few pics of my car.

Will post them soon
Last edited by Raul on Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jordan
Site Admin
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

Re: Raul is off roading SPG

Postby Jordan » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:53 am

Raul wrote:Few pics of my car.

Car looks good...but I give that intercooler 6 months to live.

max
Site Admin

Postby max » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:01 am

It's a good thing you took your radio faceplate off. Some of them coyotes might wanna steal your deck man! :laugh:
-Max
"My car is neither discreet, nor off-road worthy." :huh:

DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Postby DeLorean » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:30 pm

looks nice, but I have to agree... that intercooler is not going to last long where it's mounted if you ever drive the car.
Less brake more gas!

Raul

Postby Raul » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:53 pm

DeLorean wrote:looks nice, but I have to agree... that intercooler is not going to last long where it's mounted if you ever drive the car.

I have been driving it sense october like that and no problem with intercooler. What makes you think that it will not last there? What so you mean?

saab90089

Postby saab90089 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:11 am

It is pretty exposed to....well everything....down there. Risk rocks damaging it, hitting the cemet blocks in parking lots, anything in the middle of the road that would otherwise not cause damage to the car, or even just people being dicks and messing with it.

Not to mention more then a few of us on this site find ourselves taking our cars through 8+ inches of snow. I know on some TSD rallies that innercooler wouldn't make it through.

Car looks nice though.

Ian
1-97 Impreza L wagon w/many mods--mine
1-C900 turbo w/290K--mine
4-C900 turbo's in various states--dads
1-Legacy wagon--dads
1-Forester--moms

DeLorean
Number of Saabs currently owned: 9

Postby DeLorean » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:19 am

exactly my thoughts about the intercooler. My FMIC is mounted way up under the grill. Though the airflow is probably not as good as if it were hanging way down low, about the only thing that could potentially damage my intercooler would be a bad front end collision

Less brake more gas!

Raul

Postby Raul » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:23 am

saab90089 wrote:It is pretty exposed to....well everything....down there. Risk rocks damaging it, hitting the cemet blocks in parking lots, anything in the middle of the road that would otherwise not cause damage to the car, or even just people being dicks and messing with it.

Not to mention more then a few of us on this site find ourselves taking our cars through 8+ inches of snow.

Car looks nice though.

Ian

The Saab factory placed fog lights in the same location that my intercooler is at. Why would factory do that if they knew the fog lights would get busted so soon?
Rocks can hit it even if the intercooler is up more, rocks even hit the windshield and crack it. Am not stupid like most of people driving their cars up to cement blocks on parking lot busting the fog lights, am just not that stupid.
Many upgraded cars out there have the intercooler exposed like mine, depends how you take care of your car, it can last long time.
Am not off roading my SPG it was just to take a picture.
By the way my intercooler location is perfect, one side gets hot and other one is cold, IC is doing its job.

max
Site Admin

Postby max » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:13 pm

That intercooler wouldn't even last going up certain driveways around here. :D
-Max
"My car is neither discreet, nor off-road worthy." :huh:

Crazyswede
Team Turbo Troll Crew
Nickname: Mongo
Number of Saabs currently owned: 97

Postby Crazyswede » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:54 pm

Raul wrote:
saab90089 wrote:It is pretty exposed to....well everything....down there. Risk rocks damaging it, hitting the cemet blocks in parking lots, anything in the middle of the road that would otherwise not cause damage to the car, or even just people being dicks and messing with it.

Not to mention more then a few of us on this site find ourselves taking our cars through 8+ inches of snow.

Car looks nice though.

Ian

The Saab factory placed fog lights in the same location that my intercooler is at. Why would factory do that if they knew the fog lights would get busted so soon?
Rocks can hit it even if the intercooler is up more, rocks even hit the windshield and crack it. Am not stupid like most of people driving their cars up to cement blocks on parking lot busting the fog lights, am just not that stupid.
Many upgraded cars out there have the intercooler exposed like mine, depends how you take care of your car, it can last long time.
Am not off roading my SPG it was just to take a picture.
By the way my intercooler location is perfect, one side gets hot and other one is cold, IC is doing its job.

actually those factory fog lights got busted off on a regular occasion. Its quite rare to find a car with an original set that hasn't had the lens replaced at least once. Often people forgot they were there and smashed them on the curb. Also for every day driving that position near the road is prone to rocks, bumps, etc etc.
I am the 73%

TRAILINGTHROTTLE
Number of Saabs currently owned: 2

Postby TRAILINGTHROTTLE » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:38 pm

i have to say, having spent a lot of time in the desert south west and southern california, his intercooler is o.k. as long as he stays on real roads. the inconvenience of real life will never intrude upon them. in socal, you really can lower a car to the bumpstops and drive it around without trouble. not to take rauls side or anything. i personally would rip it off in a minute...with my hands, but you folks know how i feel about positive manifold pressure:)

Rob

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:57 pm

how does your defreoster work? and i would have used black screws on the din gauge panel, but other than that nice spg

Raul

Postby Raul » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:18 pm

Rob wrote:how does your defreoster work? and i would have used black screws on the din gauge panel, but other than that nice spg

defroster? I never used defroster here in Phoenix, there is never frost here so no need to use it.

Return to “Photos and Video”