4spd 31:30 tensioner shoe needed asap

THE place for technical discussions concering the construction and preparation of SAABs for all forms of motorsport, Rally, Road Racing, Auto-X etc....
Rallyho
Nickname: El Blanco
Number of Saabs currently owned: 6

4spd 31:30 tensioner shoe needed asap

Postby Rallyho » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:03 pm

Hello all. It has been...well, it's been a while. I'm trying the get the ole 900 back into something close to rally-ready condition and need a few bits..hoping you guys might have them.
31:30 tensioner shoe It's gotta be from this model tensioner
Dr. side motor mount allen bolts. The little ones that has the convex seat so they sit flush and don't contact the mount

I need these things asap as I'm trying to make the Team O'Neil RallySprint on Oct 8th.

thanks!

Mike
Attachments
3031 tensioner shoe.jpg
3031 tensioner .jpg
Rallyho

tirediron
Number of Saabs currently owned: 7

Re: 4spd 31:30 tensioner shoe needed asap

Postby tirediron » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:19 am

since this post is a month old and the rally sprint is tomorrow, I am hoping you found a solution by now...

but if you haven't, I have used a tensioner from a non-31/30 gearset and shimmed the drive side slide with washers so it bottoms out when the chain is straight. been in there a while, no adverse effects yet.

ran out of 31/30 tensioners due to a couple catastrophic failures, so this was my best solution.
-matt

Jordan
Site Admin

Postby Jordan » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:10 pm

He found some in a stash. The car ran the sprint with success!

Rallyho
Nickname: El Blanco

Postby Rallyho » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:18 am

Thanks Jordan. I found one in my stash too and we chucked that one in there. Yes. The car ran well, transmission shifted well and we shook out the cobwebs. Unfortunately, we struggled with some massive cutting out under load towards the end of the event that sidelined us for the last few runnings of the last stage. I'm thinking fuel, but haven't investigated yet. Car would idle, but was increasingly not making it up the hills. Would go, then totally cut out/stumble. Before the event the tank was drained, wiped out and a new filter installed. will need to dig into that and see what was going on.
Rallyho

Return to “SAAB MOTORSPORT TECH”